UI update teaser

Interesting post by EdTheShred… looks like we’re getting animated splashes for the main menu screen, with some revamped visuals. Thoughts?

Click through for video loop showing quests and chests pop-ups:

8 Likes

It honestly looks much better, but it still doesn’t have the same overall feel that the old UI had.

Also how is he T10 but only level 11? Did they boost his account :thinking:

7 Likes

I like it but something about the sidebar doesn’t feel right especially with the changes to home screen

1 Like

Better. Sidebar still sucks though.

6 Likes

Yes. More. Change the side icons then baamm a good new UI.

1 Like

Animation splashes akin to League, and Aov? Yes, please. I absolutely love them.

2 Likes

I can accept this. I’m happy SEMC actually listened and are changing something the players recommend.

3 Likes

really, as others have said, the left side bar doesnt fit. if it would, this would be an improvement.

1 Like

WOAH ANIMATED SPLASH ARTS FINALLY? COUNT ME IN!!! MAKE THE SIDE BAR NICER AND WE GUCCI

THANOS IS THE MAIN VILLAIN

It does say work in progress so the sidebar could be changed still. They might also be trying to do things slow as not to completly shock players

I think you’re giving SEMCs playerbase too much credit

5 Likes

What to not get pissed at a full ui change? Or to not get pissed at a slow ui change?

1 Like

Pissed at anything. All SEMC has to do is write “The”, then everything falls apart.

2 Likes

True, but that shows SEMC made bad enough descisions to lose player trust

1 Like

they already did that with the last time they changed the ui.
all that would need to change are the symbols on the left, that isnt really that big of a change.

1 Like

I honestly really like this new UI. It looks beautiful.

Side note:

Anyone else notice the 1.84 million glory?

I think it is time for more glory dumps in game. Haha

2 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of the combination of the ornate border on the left, whilst the center/top has hard, odd angles. It appears to be a transition into a new idea? I love the colors though.

The designs of the icons, text, borders, areas of focus all seem to have different design principles that fit okay together, but don’t blend properly. It still feels kind of ‘cheap’ to a degree, but I think there’s improvement - certainly a step in the right direction.

3 Likes

a definite improvement but what intrigues me most is the hero. robotic limbs, long flowing hair and abs not of steel? why did they plate his chest and face but not his limbs? and how is that hair practical when he looks like a killing machine?

but yeah the sidebar is wrong. WHY DID THEY KEEP IT BLUE WHEN EVERYTHING ELSE IS BLACK

Well arms not being gaurded to have higher attack speed XD the hair because he is an anime badass

I like it so much better, and I agree with the test that it is the “step in the right direction”. What I dislike about it is that face thing in the upper left. Something should fill the black space in the down right corner IMO.

And that WEIRD GLOW on the sidebar icons really bug me. I don’t find it useful at all.

3 Likes