Uh match maker are you drunk or something?

Add images

Somebody at HQ dropped some Vodka on the servers or something? This was a ridiculous matchup. How does this even happen, the guys on my team legit are new to the game yet we are up against the Vets

Id get it if there was at least 1 noob on their team but

There isnt.

SEMC get it together because even if this is like a 5% chance of happening it can ruin the game for these new guys. I mean they mopped the floor with us. We didnt stand any chance at all.

This killed my mood for playing in a single game and I’ve been playing VG for years! Imagine how badly the new guys take it when they have absolutely no attachment to the game other than “Wow, dats some sexy visuals”

More fun is in ranked 5vs5 where the MM does the same frequently. Forget the elo, it’s a waste of time and no fun for anyone in the game.

1 Like

It’s Battle Royale, it doesn’t use the rank system.

7 Likes

Semc doesn’t want people to know just how small the playerbase is, so they create chaos q to artificially reduce q times, and destroy quality in the process. The cure? Blissful ignorance. Hopefully cross platform make the moba perfected for nothing flooded with new players than can start the healing process.

Chaos Queue was disabled long time ago, and it never affected brawl modes. BR has no MM, it has never had.

1 Like

Not quite true: it has a matchmaker, but it’s set to tolerate a wider spread of MMRs than the algorithm for ranked modes (including Blitz), for example.

Worth pointing out

MMR ≠ VST … for every player, every mode has a separate MMR. In modes with no VST (casual, Battle Royale ARAL), it’s impossible to know what your MMR is; in modes with a VST, your MMR should be fairly close to your VST with the current version of the matchmaker.

2 Likes

By no MM i meant that it doesnt take into account your elo (VST) nor any rank system visible.

2 Likes

Even if it doesn’t take in account our elo, I dont understand how the pair up could happen!
There should be plenty of red flags for the mm when putting us together, like play time total, win rates, the new hero mastery rank, heck i wouldn’t be surprised if how many heroes were unlocked was included in a mm’s checklist.

I’m not sure why you’re basing this complaint off of a casual brawl mode game. I agree, that disparity is crazy, but c’mon it’s just a brawl. I also think it’d be awful to base it off number of heroes. I don’t want to be stuck with other players with less than 35 heroes who stink. I’ve got nearly a 60 win rate and 4.5 KDA. I want to play against good players. If that means I’m the only level 20 and I don’t have a few heroes, so be it, my teammates will be happy to know they’ve got a solid player. That also low-key would incentivize a P2W culture. Let’s buy all the heroes so we get better matmched. Then, the system gets even more dilluted with garabe than it already it.

The biggest problem is the elo system right now. There is hardly any punishment for losing, which we’ve all discussed at length. 30% win rates should not result in climbing ranks. Right now, it does.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.