Took a while but I am finally here to answer any questions I am allowed to answer

Super Tedious Evil And Mean?
(30 characters)

Since Nivmett like Taka as a hero, what is your favorite skin for him?
I personally like Shiro Kage Tier 1 due to the little baby fox. Though it isnt in his in game model.

In all honest I love all his skins. Each one has something I love. The rare obviously the fox. The T2 has a soft spot because thats the skin I used always when I was making a name for myself on that hero. (The movespeed+ spinning Raiden hat makes you feel like a whirlwind) The T3 has the color shifting. (Though its probably the one I pick the least) School days has the lightsaber katana and Take out box with “enjoy” on the side. The finally the LE and SE skins are just stunning on every level. I tend to pick them based on how I am feeling. XD

3 Likes

When nivmett doesnt like the default skin :thinking:

I just want to ask, do you happy if almost all players rely on certain captain heroes, and try not pick non-meta/nerfed heroes (ex: flicker, petal) coz it seems weak/hard to use/only good in certain situation? I just dont want some heroes become “forgotten heroes” or sth like that :slight_smile: and hope in upcoming VPL or other tournaments, the spectators not have a thought in mind “I’m 100% sure he/this team will ban x and y and will first pick z”

Petal and flicker are tough situations where they are more niche picks since if they ever were “meta” their kits make them not only super frustrating to play against but utterly dominate. I tend to buff heroes who are not doing that well. I wont buff a hero though just because people don’t pick them often. If a hero is “to hard” then this is an issue with the heroes design. Not their balance. Which from there its Ciderhelms and Zekents area to call a shot there.

That being said I think all the captain heroes are pickable and viable. Adagio is awesome right now, Grace is a bit to strong, Phinn is amazing, Ardan and Lyra are “meta”, Fortress is a god, Lance and Lorelai are sleeper OP, Catherine is doing pretty well. The only one who isn’t doing super great right now is Churnwalker. He couldn’t use the new items very well but I would still play him with the right team comp. SO that being said aside from Flicker and Churnwalker who are not in “meta” which Captain hero did you have in mind?

P.S. Petal is not a captain despite her having a heal. Im cool with a little off meta but just picking a hero as a captain just because of one thing isnt “off meta” thats just sorta trolly. (Like SAWport)

3 Likes

yeah, i know that petal is not a captain, in my post, petal is one example of almost unpicked hero, some of my friends even said that petal only created just to make sure there is a “plants/botanical hero” in VG… and for me, some heroes are not suitable to be classified in specified role (ex: fortress is more likely a jungler instead of captain)

the captain right now who not doing well, compared to other captains are just like what you mentioned, flicker and churnwalker, but churnwalker is used by some pro players with a premade team ofc… in my opinion, a good captain hero is the one who has great/massive crowd control or has a global impact/benefit skills to teammates when there are a teamfight (ardan, lyra, grace (since 5v5) and adagio since 3.4 patch)

and one more thing, in almost all games in the world, especially rpg, healer is one of crucial and important class/role, personally I agree that healer has the biggest impact for the outcome/results… why only 3 healers (all is hybrid/semi healers) right now and it seems that SEMC still focus on adding lane heroes atm :sad: this is just an opinion from a common player who played all type of games :smile: #cmiiw

seeing u talk about healers reminds me that Adagio, one of the first healers, is currently in the shadows of Lyra (Cp and roam) and Grace (all paths). ill go cry now

Petal is one of the original heroes of VG =_= She was made before 90% of the roster lol. Some heroes will always be better in some situations but if you don’t want to take the time to learn petal to see her strengths I can’t help you with that.

ALL the supports have something like what your saying. I don’t understand what point your trying to make…

First off VG is not like ALL the games in the world. Second if you have any moba history you would understand that healers are not the only core way to support your team. There is a reason why other supports are played. They protect, they buff, they cc. This can be done in more ways than a simple “heal”. As for what you are saying we are focusing on more lane heroes because when we released 5v5 we added 2 more laners. So our even split roster was lacking seriously in laners. Healers are some of the hardest heroes to balance in mobas because their “protection/buff” is permanent. Unlike barrier which falls off after a few seconds heals are permanent till you take damage. So they create a problem of balancing laning so they just don’t perma heal the laner while still feeling impacting in team fights. Mobas tend to stay away from healers because of this. (If you look at supports in other moba you will see this trend.) #HappyToCorrectYou :slight_smile:

6 Likes

i think if you want to make petal great specially in 5v5 you need to bring back the minions long attack range , even with making minions damage less with distance , but at least give petal a protection and the ability to damage from distance , or make the minions range increase while attacking so people can decide if they want to give petal range advantage by letting her damage them or kill her instantly .

now what is the best first roam item right now , can beat the early fountain ?
and what about people building the heal barrier buff item on krul or glaive or reim
like i built it on reim but felt nothing changed , like its never there , and i noticed reim is building fortified health slow , i dont know why , he feels weird this patch .

Well I guess I’m just playing a different game then you. Come backs are not common for me.
Don’t take offense to my comment on the SEMC team’s communication skills you’re right and that I am ignorant on the scenario, the team doesn’t talk enough with the players for me to form any real idea of what happens behind the scenes, I meant no harm. I was just straightening out what you’re unable to tell me so I can ask better questions but it seems you don’t want to or can not answer some of my questions instead of my previous thought of you being ignorant on the subject which is not the case apparently.

@Nivmett How much do you take into consideration the player base’s voice when balancing the game? I know these forums are not like the old ones where we often discuss balance and had a greater discussion on the matter. Seeing the dev teams push to Reddit for VG discussion I imagine you go there to have an idea of the playerbase’s opinions. Or is there some other place you go to for player’s feedback? Do you go to multiple forms of VG discussion for player feedback? What are they if so? Is there one you use more prominently then the other? Or do you not use player feedback at all (or take it into very little consideration) when balancing and mostly balance by the SEMC team’s hidden statistics of matches and the team’s matching experience themselves? Do you mostly use pro play?

Churndaddy is imo a really really really hard and extremely unforgiving hero, like if he misses his hook he’s basically useless in 4 sec and when left alone he dies faster than Phinn. Even if he can hooks someone, if his team can’t do dmg or get dived on he can’t do anything about it because he brings poor protection. So I think his skill floor needs further tune down

Lol it’s funny because Grace ult and Lorelai ult shares the same purpose but different mechanics (Shield+Heal vs CC-cleanse+Barrier). Grace got her ult cooldown decreased but Lorelai ult remanins the same. Now I know you have your reason but when you say heal>barrier it makes me even more confused about Grace buff :sweat_smile:

this is why I confused with the grace and other semi-healers presence in this game @Nivmett … If it hard to balance, no rework or maybe in the hardest case, delete the hero? in this situation, maybe adding some healers or make all heal skills that exist become self-heal like taka B or just make the hero dont have heal to allies (rework the current semi-healers)

no, i just try to learn all heroes, of course after watch it pro’s gameplay and I try some matches, if I like the playstyle I will master it, if not, I will ask my friends (who more skilled and has higher tier than me) opinion, and sometimes I go betting with them if they can win in the match with that hero also with good results :slight_smile:

as a player, I hope SEMC will add some unique captain heroes in the future, and also buff/rework the “forgotten heroes”

I know what are you trying to tell, maybe I forget that VG is different with other games especially mobas that exist in this world :smile: but I still hoping that SEMC do something about these semi-healers (lyra, grace, adagio), coz all people know that heals -> fill your teammates health bar -> increase survivability in teamfight -> increase win rate… in my perspective less healers mean imbalance between 2 teams… I’m 100% sure that this 3 heroes will still be in top priority for banning and picking if it stayed like this (read: boring gamestyle) :slight_smile: #cmiiwagain

I did buff Lorelai. Also Lorelai is a hero who has a lot in her kit. She can currently leave 3 slow pools on the floor. She is also amazing in higher tiers. Shes actually like Churnwalker in that her skill floor is way to high. In addition Lorelais empowered ult is way larger than Graces heal. (1266 when empowered with a 200% CP Ratio and a 15% health ratio)

4 Likes

Can you talk to the right people and confirm how much time we have to finish the battlegrounds event after the last join date?

Please don’t lower her skill floor. Her late game seems really good. That said, I would love to she her AA CP percent go from 70 to 75% in the hopes of seeing more Top lane Lorelai.

You have until tomorrow at 5pm PST to register and must complete the run before 5pm PST on Monday.

No it says you can complete a run already in progress.
Edit: I am in a game didn’t even read what you said completely lol ignore this and thanks for answer.

1 Like

Its also worth noting that in vainglory our heroes are uniquely flexible in terms of roles with many heroes being able to play effectively in 2+ roles - this

1. Makes them harder to balance (making Niv’s job doing so even more impressive).
  2. Makes the actual roster of heroes effectively larger for each role than it is because they can flex.
5 Likes