Took a while but I am finally here to answer any questions I am allowed to answer

daisy = not ded alpha
daisy =/= robot
#nou:P

Daisy is till in there. Thats why her lines are so tragically beautiful. <3

2 Likes

Daisy is there, but do you know who isn’t?
Sugarvenom ;( (she didnt respond to my twitter post to join SEMF)

1 Like

If a Worthy Foe Taka goes 0/12/3 and nobody is there to film it, will I still get tilted?

Nivmett, what is your opinion on Lyra’s CP path this update?

More specifically her Burst build because in higher tiers it is annoying amny players and is sort of cancerous in general.

Increasing the ratios and reducing the base damage will really fix the problem…

6 posts were split to a new topic: Lyra in VG 3.4

@Nivmett I’m disappointed to hear that VGpro only takes into account 5k players so it’s not even accurate. I would only suggest in the future if VG grows and can support a more accurate API I think it’s an essential part of any serious competitive. I don’t expect it because I know VG isn’t making a lot of money but if y’all ever do please answer if you’ll discuss with the team to consider it.

Also I feel matchmaking is very off and my teammates are most of the time diverse and skill level. Do you guys have any future plans of improving matchmaking to accurately match players against.

1. Do you guys have any plans of deleting game modes in favor of shorter que times? One of mobile games selling points is there ability to have you enjoy the game quickly and in a convenient way, but as of now matches take too long to join and matches are still terrible.

O hecc looks like I found a new emote. This is god-tier

But to re-iterate and kind of change the wording of a previous question of mine which was not answered, despite how obviously strong Plate is, do you feel good about how these new items are interacting right now? Especially with Phinn, who can tank up his team like CRAZY with Plate + Rook + B while granting a speed boost? I personally love where Phinn is right and and I think he does not need any changes for a while AT ALL in his current state (A nerf if he obviously becomes too strong later tho). He’s perfect! I’ve also had a couple players add me and compliment my Phinn in fact, so I feel good about that considering I am just now getting back into him (o^_^)b

Also why isn’t this your profile pic? :thinking: image

1 Like

It will nerf also support lyra tho. Right now she is still top, but other captains are on the rise because of the new items (i.e. she is not that strong as before, so nerfing her should be gentle).

Will it ever become possible for Vainglory to show more stats because right now we get skewed info and have to rely on api for damage done etc.

I do not know their exact numbers of players they take into account. It could be more. The major point is that it doesn’t take global numbers into account. Their data is not far from accurate though. It does not differ by much (We are talking a few % difference at max) especially not enough to put resources into changing it.

1. Not that I am aware of? Thats not really my call.
1 Like

I don’t understand. What do you mean skewed info?

I absolutely love the synergy between the different items. Phinn is super awesome right now. Good choice!

I just put the first pic that I came across. XD

Its ok to tilt lol. I tilt all the time. It depends what you do with that frustration.

3 Likes

We just have kda which doesn’t show the real stats. Also you just told us that the api data is incomplete…

In a world where information is power we are left defenseless. All other mobile mobas show more data than VG… We have to rely on third party programs and sites…

Just to clear this up, the API data is NOT incomplete. However, according to the terms of service (the rules we agree to when we request an API key and must follow lest that key be revoked), API sites are limited in the amount of data they can retrieve (e.g., you aren’t allowed to get ALL matches in a region) and how long we can store it. No API site or tool has a truly statistically valid database, because there is no way to get a truly random sample of matches to analyze. (There used to be, but that API endpoint has been broken for over a year.)

Anyway, Nivmett isn’t the person to talk to about API issues … :vgcheersx3:

7 Likes

Yeah the sad part is we have no place to talk to the devs and actually get answers. If we ask the hard questions on Reddit we’ll get down voted to Oblivion and the devs will ignore us.

@Nivmett do you know of any future ideas the devs plan on making for the discussion between player and dev not to be so one-sided? Or is everyone too busy to pay attention to the people who pay them?

Looking at your match history, most of your matches have been well paired. The two last matches you played during off peak times (Fri Lunch) are the worse in your recent history. We are in the same tier. I feel like my matches are really well paired and worth the 4 min wait.

I tend to value the in-game last season ranking over VGPro. VST two weeks into a season is not going to be an accurate measure. If you look at you teammmates last season rankings on the loading screen, I bet those matches are closer than what you see on VGPro.

1 Like

4 min? That’s nice. I can play 2 SC 2 matches (PC) or 1 mobile game with 6+ min que+dodging+not accepting both at 40 min…

Folks, PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC … this thread is huge already, and we don’t want to fill it with discussion among one another – stick to questions for Nivmett and brief comments on his answers, please!

(Not picking on you specifically, @Bayou – I just didn’t want to hit the general reply, because then it notifies Nivmett. Lol.)

6 Likes