To Captains Who Don't Understand Danger

This is a general message for all captains who THINK they know who the weak man is on their team, but isn’t paying attention to maps: go help the other damn lanes that are actually in trouble instead of sticking in between the buttcrack of whichever teamate you think has the weakest hero.

There are FEW things worse than a captain who sees a ‘weak’ hero and decides to stick up someone’s butt who is doing perfectly fine while their teamates in other lanes suffer, all because Mr. Doh can’t get past his ‘weak hero needs mommy or daddy capt no matter what other heroes or lanes are getting shafted’ and you lose a game because the enemy has destroyed enough turrets to team push a different lane since mr capt didn’t do his one job to help the actual struggling lane or hero.

Salty as ----. Signing out.

1 Like

Me too, sis … me too …

1 Like

isn’t this the reason why the Tank Meta exists ? Can’t rely on Captains. Fend for yourself and survive.

Yess that would be nice, but if captains left me to fend for myself instead of sticking up my butt because I pick an off meta hero while we lose THREE TURRETS in another lane and I’ve taken…what, 2 in my lane solo. But noo, because I enjoy picking the likes of CP Lorelai, CP SAW, CP Baron, and Petal, everyone likes to stick up under my butt. Until they either get to the end and realize I was right or get to the end and see my K/D and realize I was RIGHT. It’s tiring. And I’m very triggered.

PS: The Icing on the cake? I just lost a game because our captain wouldn’t go help anyone else. I go to the next queue, tell EVERYONE leave me alone in my lane, especially the capt. I pick CP Lorelai. Someone starts talking crap. I call them out on it. Guess who’s thr first person to abandon their lane because of perceived danger, get ganked in my lane completely unnecessarily, and about 5 min later I’ve taken my turret while that person’s lane is completely unprotected and losing theirs.

AND THE SPRINKLES? They honored me after 10 minutes of rage pinging. Every single person who came in my lane completely unnecessarily honored me. It made me feel SOO much better about losing rank.

Sometimes you just need to play to your strengths. if there’s no Captain following you, I usually treat the game as if there is NO captain at all.

or if the Captain is constantly following you, I usually take them on a wild goose chase through the enemy jungle, to another lane and they’ll be forced to either - go back to the abandoned lane, or help out in the other lane.

Adapt to the situation and just accept some players are not as good. Even if they just totally suck at being a Captain. Remember 4 vs 5 is possible, which means playing more defensive. you’ll lose many turrets all the way to the choke point, but just don’t give up.

Understanding danger levels, weaknesses and etc. just comes with experience. Some Captains have been carried through the ranks and really have no idea. So that’s when you’ll need to do something different.

4 Likes

lol @Ve3nNo0wM I completely agree. Thank you for being the calming voice. That said, I play another game where the capt WILL NOT GET FROM UNDER MY ASS no matter who else is losing. We again, lost mostly all other lane turrets, and lost my lane when I left. I am EXTREMELY triggered. This is like 3-4 games in a row, like captains think staying mid is now the new meta. Again, I agree with you man, but I’m trying to rank up out of this crap and it’s just…doh, lemme sit in a lane that’s perfectly fine because I’m worried off-meta might not do well while a 3v1 is going on in another lane. I guess I’m just suuuper tired of losing elo for other people’s dumb shit.

The “fun” part is when you are support and have two weak players to the point that only with you next to them 24/7 they don’t lose the lane and if you move even for a single short rotation elsewhere - they lose the lane instantly and atleast one turret + feeding gold the enemy carry. This is the f up situation… as one lane lose turrets like no tomorrow + the enemy player there getting fed as f, your good teammates can’t scale as they are alone and if you help them - two lanes dropping like a flies + two carriers got fed. It’s generally GG.

Another good example as it’s a salt thread - the MM is great, pairing for example 2 VG silvers with 3 poa silvers in both teams. Fair, right? Well guess what happens when in one of the teams the MID and BOT are VG silvers and in the other POA silvers. :stuck_out_tongue: that’s why only a close matched ELO players should be in a team. Ofc for that you would need a player base, so no luck here. :slight_smile:

It’s 5vs5, you can’t carry another 4 people if you are not 3 times better than all in the server (if you are around t10 gl, I played a match with l3on and he/me/another good player could not carry just a two noobs). This is not 3vs3 where with pure mechanical skill you can actually go 1vs3 and pretty easy win 2vs3 if you are really good. Here it’s 3 lanes, 5 people, losing turrets, objectives, jungle - they gain gold quick as f and you face 5 feeded enemy players. You go to help another lane - lose yours and also get behind in gold while going to help. Best is when you are for example mid, but both top/bot are losing lanes… if you go to help them in no time the other lane turret drops and while you are helping they move to mid and drop your turret too. Just in this mode is a lot more important to NOT have a noob in your team. And all that: “both teams got 1 t5, 1 t6, 1 t7, 1 poa, 2 VG bronze = fair game” is as dumb as it can get as then win will be decided blindly from the positions those players are at.

Also if you lose turrets in the other lanes + objectives in general, this gives free gold to the laner you face = even if you are better, he will have better items and you can’t even push your lane, because of that(the skill difference will be nullified). One man army is almost impossible.

1 Like

Yes I agree with you but that’s the point: if I’m using a ‘mechanical’ hero a captain thinks is weak, but I ping him to leave me tf alone like 10 times, and our other lanes are losing but mine isn’t, maybe that capt. should go to the other lane so I can carry solo in mine and he can help my teamate carry. Not saying I’m THE hidden pro of pros but my skill hasn’t matched my rank since a month after me starting this game, which is my fault for playing so much blitz, but damn. I can at least tell my capt. to leave me alone when I’m clearly positive k/d, right, and he/she does. Tf?

Ofc he should rotate, I pointed out other examples. Captain should have map awareness (everyone should) and listen/have common sense. Offmeta heroes are ok and one should never take only that into consideration when he decides where he should be… but VG is full with noobs even in t10, soo… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Man I played captain a lot in 3v3 and I know exactly what should I do , but in 5v5 I have no idea what is happening , captain role in 5v5 is weird , with a potatoe teammates I could die the last one and I feel useless , with a good teammates I survive with them and they could win without me , in 3v3 I could be the reason of my team losing easily , so when I play 5v5 I feel our captain pain and I understand if he/she babysit a laner and I would assume they are duoq players .

2 Likes

Yeah I feel you, sometimes it’s easy to tell which lanes need help and I just stick to that lane unless theres a group battle. But when two lanes or more need help I just don’t know what to do.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.