TIL that tencent's AoV partnered with Nintendo

All SEMC needs to do is grab some random dude off the street and make him do some overhyped, screaming commentary about how he’s destroying other noobs with SAW.

Just convince Sony PlayStation to release a PsP that’s touch screen and partner with semc. Problem solved.

But that’s already a thing and it’s just a weeb system at this point

Seems to me to have sparked a pretty decent conversation, which really is the point of this place.

Perhaps you could enter the distinguished group of individuals who create content and show us what a thread with a reason to exist looks like :nerd_face:

6 Likes

I played the AoV beta on the Switch some time ago, it did look pretty good. But even though the controls were improved with the physical joysticks and all, I think they can do better, especially in the buying items/using/upgrading abilities areas.

Furthermore, they don’t address the underlying issue that comes when playing a MOBA with joysticks, which is that you can’t really target anything precisely. Only solution for this is to both dumb down the mechanics (e.g. no last hitting), and use an AI that determines the most important enemy in your area.

That’s why I don’t see it go as big as LoL ever, because the game doesn’t foster a competitive gameplay. VG, however, does have this potential, whether or not they can exploit it and not screw up along the way is up to its developpers only.

4 Likes

oh wait, I suddenly remember about this one

1 Like

By niche market you mean real moba players?