Three 5v5 matches total game length 35 minutes

My last 3 matches were 3 snowballs where the enemy surrendered asap. There was little fun to be had there was no game to win. The games were all thrown away before BC even arrived on the rise. 3 games all surrendered without an ace or a major objective taken.

Meanwhile I am sitting at 1400 ELO 5v5… The lowest number I have ever seen since I haven’t been lower than hotness in years. But this season everything was reset extremely harshly?

I am hoping 5v5 ranked will become an actual game mode instead of a who can surrender fastest…

Your 3v3 tier shouldn’t have anything to do with your 5v5 tier. I don’t get why they gave everyone a free rank before people even playing 5v5 ranked.
Anyways this wasn’t a reset for 5v5 ranked because it wasn’t even played before this patch to begin with.

It is based on 5v5 cas and 3v3 ranked combined…

It shouldn’t, they should’ve just put everyone at 0 elos for 5v5 and wait for the matchmaker to get balanced again by itself as people obtain their desreved ranks

2 Likes

Have you ever been through a hard reset? That is hell for everyone…

1 Like

Again, its not a reset, 5v5 is a compeletly new game with the same characters. Its just a ‘set’

1 Like

You are not answering the bloody question. You are interpretating words instead of reading… Have you ever been through a hard reset like in the early days?

And? You think that t10 player will not wipe the floor with all the players up to t8 gold just by mechanical skills? It’s tons better to translate directly 3vs3 rank and from there to settle compared to random fest where t10 players are mached with new players or weak ones.

1 Like

Because your question is offtopic and is trying to move the discussion to who is the most veteran player.
Its a hell that we need to get pass through because our data about how much skill each player has in 5v5 wouldnt be accurate if we base it on 3v3. Its the same as when the game first lunched and everyone had to start from the bottom. There was no other choice.

I gotta agree with Kyth 3v3 rank should have no affect on 5v5 rank. They’re two different things. Also 3v3 rank has been proven to be shit and have a lot of players misplaced I don’t want that transferring over to a new mode which can be fresh and start off right.

2 Likes

but there is now.
they let everyone start from the same point with battle royale and it wasnt fun.

if we would get all players a random elo number and let the system start, we would end up with a natural elo spread after a while as well, so why not try to guess a rank and speed that process up?
if the guess is too high you will fall, if it is too low you will rise and if it was done well, no one will move that much and games feel good from the start.

as i see it, most players started low anyway. i got to t5 gold and as a t7 in 3v3, that seems like good starting point for me to rank.

2 Likes

If it’s totally random it will take more time to settle skill tier wise. You want to be paired vs t10 silver and gold players? And you think you will beat them because they are dumb and didn’t already play casual 5vs5 to know the layout and basic strategy?

Such a random teams will lead to random outcome no matter your skill tier and thus slower the progress to your skill tier, same goes if you lose constantly because of t10 enemy players vs none in your team. I bet you will have fun on the lane vs such a player. :slight_smile:

Now imagine new player that play the game from 1-2m and how much he will enjoy that.

1 Like

It is not about seniority it is me asking if you have an inkling of the consequences your suggestion would have.

If you have been through a hard reset you know how but that is and you wouldn’t want that again…

because we will end up with threads like this where people are even feeling like they are owned by someone because their rank was “reset” when in reality the rank they got is just a free boost. it would’ve just feel right if we had a fresh start for 5v5, I mean we ruined the game’s ui just to have a fresh start, why not do the same for 5v5 ranked as well? i gotta admit people’s mechanical skill is going to translate over to 5v5 but 3v3 rank shouldn’t have too much of an influence on 5v5, maybe 5-10 % at most even tho I would’ve preferred it to be a fresh start.
the “hell” you guys are so much afraid of is happening on the brawl modes every day since talents were introduced, this will just last a maximum of a few weeks but it will feel so much more right at the end where everyone gets the rank they worked hard for.
also we’ve already been through the awful matchmaking in 5v5 casual, why not base it on only that to prevent people from thinking that they should get their 3v3 elo in 5v5?
im sure as hell we shouldn’t complain about how we didn’t get more elo out of 3v3 for our 5v5 rank though.

sorry, but you are wrong.
bad mm is really bad for the game and it should be avoided at all costs.
a weeks of REALLY bad games are going to hurt buisness.

this wont happen.
at least i dont feel this for my 3v3 rank, for which i worked hard for.

the end result will not be better by one bit, if you let everyone start from the same point, but if there is too much frust on the way, players will go to a different game.

1 Like

No one’s taking your 3v3 rank away, but you shouldn’t be expecting them to give your 3v3 rank to a different game mode, thats all im saying. Even if a fresh start doesn’t have any effect on the player’s elo accuracy at the end, it would fix this mentality that people have about 3v3 rank being representive of people’s skills even on game modes other than 3v3 ranked.
The fact that they’re showing people’s 3v3 rank on loading screen is wrong too, be prepared for lots of people complaining about matchmaker and how they get matched with t4 scrubs without realizing that their 5v5 elo has nothing to do with their 3v3 elo

you dont seem to understand what i want to say.
the first goal of this game should be fair matches. everything else is just a luxury.
using the 3v3 rank as an INITIAL BASE for the 5v5 ranking enviroment is giving the best chance that semc has at making the 5v5 rank as fair as possible.
note that they did not give players exactly their 3v3 rank in 5v5, but they likely used a compressed version of it.

you can also no longer see the pest seasons 3v3 rank in your 5v5 games now.
wait one or two updates and it is all rather about the 5v5 rank then the 3v3 one.

T7 to t10 players are no different from me personally. I have no problem with either or and my friend list is very mixed because I go against very mixed players. Tier is so garbage in VG after the reset. I think having a reset for an entirely different mode is the best option since it is entirely different. The mechanics of these player are almost no different in my experience to distinguish them.

NO
NO
NO
Even on t5 there are a lot of potato players that have iq 70 (i mean players that are not interrsted in game at all). They just instalock Saw (or Taka) and
TAP TAP TAP ON ENEMY NO TACTIC GO 1V9 TAP
REFLEX BLOCK IS SH!T ITEMS FOR NOT COOL NOOBS THAT CANT WIN JUST BY THEIR SKILL AIM NOSCOPE 360 HEADSHOT TAP TAP TAP BECAUSE DONT KNOW VG HAS TARGET SYSTEM DIE FAST TILT HARD PING SAD LEAVE MATCH DISLIKE ENEMY JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT COOL ENOUGH TO BEAT YOU ILL BUY T3 SKIN ITS STRONGER SKIN > HOBO
That’s average eu player. They don’t want to learn and just cry game has bad balance l.

1 Like

Then you clearly didn’t play a lot of real t10 players in 5vs5 with teammates of t5-t6 rank. Boosted players is different story that we wanted SEMC to fix quite a lot of times.