Things I think need a rework/nerf/buff/change

I just answered that.

If you put seeds down while you’re [leading the enemy], the enemy has to either eat the damage from the exploding seed, or alter their path to avoid it, which slows their advance, helping you maintain distance.

You don’t kite forward, you chase forward. You kite backward/sideways, because it means to lead the enemy and exploit their desire to close the gap to get to you.

2 Likes

i dont see the point of correcting me when u already get the idea of the word i was using, thx ig?

Second of all, a small buff to one part of her kit wont make her instantly broken, idk if u were thinking i was talking about a overall buff but i wasnt. Plus she isnt meta at all so having her in the meta for a patch wouldnt be the end of the world @Guest_78

But my point here is unless you Trampoline forward right next to or behind a hero to plant a seed and of course forcing that hero to take the damage in order to continue moving, you’re not gonna hit anyone with the seeds due to the short deploy range of just like 1.5m.

No, I understand your point. I don’t think you’re understanding mine, or the point of the seeds in the first place.

The point of them is the threat of damage, not the actual damage they deal. Like I already said, enemies have to choose to take the damage while closing the gap OR avoid the damage by changing their route. Changing their route increases their travel distance to close the gap, giving you more time to attack them while you kite.

3 Likes

A buff strong enough for her to be meta in 5v5 would make her broken in 3v3 due to being in it 2 less enemies and far less AoE damage. She is one of the examples of the need of making balance different between modes.
It won’t be the end of the world if she is meta, of course (although is my most hated hero), but that kind of change won’t make her viable but broken, which IS a problem (see the reason above).

That’s my point in the first place…

I now see that you’re including 3v3 now which i also now understand.

Edit: I thought u were talking solely on 5v5

So here’s the issue… Your point was, paraphrased, “it should be easier to deal damage with Petal’s seeds” … the responses to your point were “Petal’s seeds are not meant to be primary damage; they are meant to direct her playstyle toward kiting.” You then asked how Petal’s seeds are meant for kiting. And you got your answers.

The problem is that your initial point did not address the reality of the hero or the meta. It was just a random suggestion that’s kind of at odds with the hero design as it exists in the game right now. Would it be a good idea to retune Petal so her seeds are the primary damage source? I don’t know, maybe! But if you want to make that suggestion, you need to acknowledge how Petal actually operates right now, and why the suggestion is worth adopting… That’s kind of the problem with a lot of your suggestions, really. I think you should just play the game, and learn how it works, instead of trying to rework it all the time. It’s a lot more fun to play it than it is to think it.

5 Likes

Now you know why I don’t quite like that idea. Even if I hate a hero and I prefer it not to be even viable, I would like all heroes to be viable. When I say no it’s not because I hate her, but because I really think it would break her.

You, my grumpy old friend, need to recheck my comments. I did mention one bit about changing Petal and now you said that I did? What? I just told everyone the problem is that her A isn’t utilized as booby traps man. Chill out.

This is exactly what I’m saying though. When you suggest something that goes against the designed playstyle of a hero, and then you show that you don’t actually realize how that hero’s playstyle is intended to work, it’s REALLY hard for anyone to take your posts seriously. I’m just saying that you shouldn’t be surprised when you get responses like mine, because you’re not setting up your posts for productive discussion.

Anyway, this is derailing the thread… maybe we should take this to PM if you want to discuss it further?

edit to add: I’ve removed a couple off-topic posts following mine. Let’s keep it to the original discussion, all. :vgcheersx2:

5 Likes