The Sinking Ship

Unwelcome news, but unsurprising, to be sure. I guess I mostly wonder why they stuck around so long.

Am I reading it wrongly? Rogue is no longer, but the players are players are still together playing games?

They mean to say they’re still playing VG right? because they’re looking for a side laner and an organisation.

this feels like a publicity stunt to get into another team.

no. it just means that rogue isnt supporting them anymore. there is no org left hat could pick them up.

1 Like

I haven’t been on the forums in a few days or so and my iPad recently broke so I no longer have a device to play on.

That being said, I already wasn’t playing… Though my heart honestly aches to see Vainglory suffer more losses. I almost wish I had a device to play on, to at least see it off, if we’re facing the end of an era.

Despite my ever-dwindling desire to play, I so hope that things don’t turn out for the worst… It makes me want to play and buy some ICE.

2 Likes

Yeah VG really dying, but it’s their own fault so I don’t care. They shouldn’t have started being so money hungry that’s how every game dies.

1 Like

You don’t have a phone? Seriously?

1 Like

Even my secondary HTC M8 that is 2013 model can play the game with little lags @ high gfx in intense team fights and super smooth at medium. VG is running ok even on a weak hardware and ok to play even on sub 5 inch devices (tho not optimal). Some people on 4 inch 5s was playing it and reached t10 so it’s not impossible. :smiley:

1 Like

Most of the time that money hungry period is when the game already is not doing so well and the company behind the game goes the: “let’s take what we can before we close the game and move on”. VG was sponsored with quite a lot of money from investors, 5vs5 was the saving effort for the game and it failed, not gonna go deep why as it was discussed many times already and is complex reason. Sadly after that fail investors had two option: invest even more into a really grim future when even the initial investment is hard to return orrr what we are seeing now, mitigate the loss with aggressive money tactics(including not only lootboxes and whatnot ingame, but also let goes, slowing the development, removing esports, etc.) before the game finally dies.

3 Likes

Aww you watch SU too :heart:
Offtopic WD looks like she’s about to burst with anger
Back to the topic: the esports is dying the game is also near , so im sad, ive spent a lot of time, money and even memories with this game and the community

Yeah that’s the saddest part me monies :’(. I’ve been with VG since beta but oh well.

I’m swamped with debt and cannot currently work for health reasons. I cannot afford a phone nor a plan for one.

I bet you spend your days fishing, diving, snorkling in those beautiful waters!
thats what i would do!
that sea water is the best healer.

but if your sickness prevents you from doing even that, then… get well soon~!!!

2 Likes

That sucks man.
I can relate, I’ve been in a process to diminish my aches for 9 months now…

1 Like

Agreed. All the micro-plastic must have some profound effect on your health! :merman: :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

@dream and @Xaldarian wish you both to get better soon! Life is endless cycle of downs and ups, but wish more ups for all of us. Cheers!

2 Likes

haha, jeez… turn it into a scientific debate why don’tcha. i have many fond memories of swimming in the ocean, DON’T Ruin IT~!!!

Are you doing your part by not buying synthetic fibres? cheap and nasty polymers.

1 Like

Nope nope nope. I disagree with you on the animation part. Are you SERIOUS dude? The animation is already excellent and is better then all the other mobil MOBAS out there dude. The effects though i probably agree

Yes, to be technical it’s the effects.

1 Like