The Sinking Ship

I wish I had a funny to give you.

If you want to know what device I’m using, I’m using an iPad Air. It’s not shabby, but it’s not super up to date either.

Hopefully it croaks by next year.

I need a new overrated mobile title to remorselessly flame nowadays.

3 Likes

Exactly… on top of that vg is still the best mobile moba by far despite the bugs and other issues. If you are a core moba player and you want a moba on your device vg is the game…as simple as that. Every other moba, and I have tried everything, is stupidly simplified imo

1 Like

You now have one: Fortnite. Lol

1 Like

Can somone tell me why the e sports orgs are pulling out of vainglory?? I saw cloud 9 and then i noticed few teams in the Vis 5v5 league have new names. Whats the exact cause of it?

Combination of increased cost of adding more players during the long seeason, and it’s hard to find another two people to match in a team with chemistry already

G2, Cloud 9, and FNATIC have all left Vainglory. The reasons seem to include the prolonged offseason, the uncertainty surrounding the upcoming season (and SEMC’s trademark poor communication about it), and the poor ROI (the prize pools are too small).

2 Likes

just have my ranked 5vs5 last night, matched with full T10 player and a T9. I and my full party team is T6/7 tops, after queuing for 6 minutes… the playerbase is too small, game cant even match you with same bracket opponent

2 Likes

The elo you see is only 3v3 not 5v5. While one can suck at 5v5 they can Excell in 5v5 and vice versa

1 Like

yes, the display somehow mixed up, between 5vs5 and 3vs3. but fromt he way they play, I can see that they’re real VGL people. IKR

1 Like

Its because you are in a full party. Smh

This happens in 3v3 aswell. Not a lot of low tiers use 5 person parties, and parties only match with parties.

It can also be from a hidden score beside elo that the matchmaker uses

hence vg playerbase is slowly dying. nah in 3vs3 the most I’ve come up with is T9 bronze opponent

Yes, that must mean VG is dying!/s

Honestly, believe whatever you want. Does not make it true.

Not really most low tiers are either just starting and learning or prefer the frustrating challenge of winning in solq

3 Likes

They haven’t left SEMC decided not to renew their franchise as there organisational comment to VG wasn’t there.

FlashX has a vid explaining the reasons and they all make sense. In short they took the money and gave nothing back…

2 Likes

From what I saw, this is not true. The game mode is not that much more complex vs 3vs3 + t10 (real, not boosted) will be tons better in mechanical skill vs t6.

I saw Excoundrel’s video on this.
It sounds like SEMC is trying to cut the fat.

3 Likes

As they should. Their pro scene wasn’t entirely organic and that leads to situations like where SEMC found themselves. Besides, the pro scene should have never been priority, at least not the way it was implemented.

4 Likes

It continues…