The problems with VG (And possible solutions)

I couldn’t care less about the royal pass tho as i said semc could add as many skins, emotes and hats as they want if it wasn’t for the attitude they’ve been showing of completely ignoring really frustrating issues for the past 7 months not because they’re still trying to work on a fix but because they couldn’t care less about fixing them. Why do you think the core of the dev team, the people behind vainglory’s greatness are all leaving ? Why do you think all pros despise semc and some even hate them with a passion ? Why do you think veteran players are leaving at an alarming rate ? Well they’ve realized what a joke of a company semc is.

I play pubg mobile and i will tell you straight Tencent has semc completely beat when it comes to optimizing and testing their game you have to consider that pubg has a 6x6 km and a 8x8 km 3d map cluttered with obstacles, trees, rocks, building, landscape etc… so of course you’re gonna find way many bugs at the early stages of the game. On the other hand it didn’t have game breaking bug that make the game unplayable while patch 3.1 was the biggest clusterfuck I’ve ever seen, most awaited patch in vainglory’s history and its biggest fuck up ever with people stuck in tier 4 after endless win streaks and other at 4000 elo after losing game after. And most importantly Tencent has managed to fix most of their bugs while vainglory still has bugs that have been around for a year such as drunk turrets that won’t shoot anything, samuel’s drifting dark bug, grace B bug, Alpha’s reboot bug and more. Can you name me bugs that you’ve encountered in pubgm on patch 0.8 because there isn’t any that comes to my mind.

Yes Tencent is milking the shit out of their players but at least they’ve created a healthy and good running and they will continue to do so because thats what they strive for while vainglory is an on a downwards spiral because the people working at semc don’t couldn’t care less about the state of their game. Its probably gonna a couple months until vainglory dies off while pubgm will continue to grow for many years

I doubt VG will die off so quickly but I agree that VG wont be there in the long run.

@HipsterSkaarf Actually can u use this with the whole ambassador program or would it be better if I just posted it to Reddit myself?

1 Like

You’re fine to post it here! :cheers_boba_t2: I pass along what the forum is thinking, so it’ll be seen here or on reddit.

As for what you wrote - I think you’re right that those are all important things for player happiness, and you’re right that a lot of those things are hard to solve. I’m not sure what the best answer is in all cases, but a lot of forum suggestions have had really good parts to them. Hopefully they can actually become part of SEMC tries to test and implement. :cheers_minioncandy_t2:

Could you pass along the idea of Skaarf getting a hipster skin. Like no joke. LE Hipster Skaarf skin, With adorable big glasses and a scarf on his default skin. For t8 players and above.

58%20PM

48%20AM

:crossed_fingers:

edit: it’ll probably never happen :kraken_sad_t3: but I won’t lose hope :kraken_happy_t1:

3 Likes

Here’s my analysis on SEMC with 95% Research:
SEMC is an interesting company to say the least. They show their identity to the the entire playerbase which for me it is a unique yet great thing. It helps SEMC gain a lot of trust from the playerbase. However, this is a double-bladed knife because when they do something bad in secret and it blows up, the consequences are much worse. Also, because of this so-called open mentality, SEMC barely has any sort of leadership and because it’s a free-for-all, things are very, very messed up. This has caused many problems and the first one is causing the toxic community. The community needed guidance and when even the devs didn’t have that, they sure didn’t too which led the current toxic state of the playerbase. Next is the unacceptance of players’ ideas. This doesn’t only relate to SEMC but also the community as well. Well because the community is so toxic, they also make very stupid suggestions to the devs as well and of course in the beginning, the devs they just did what the players asked because they wanted to make a good impression of the game but then they implemented bad ideas and closed their doors to new ideas. For example, the entire community had been crying for 5v5 but 5v5 was nowhere ready and well, SEMC just did what you asked, they released 5v5 and then you cried again for them to fix the game and well you know what happened after that. It’s just a whole loop hole where everybody is wrong and no one is right. Finally is the marketing of the game. This is the most controversial topic for me because one, I’m not an expert at this field and two, concrete information is very, very limited so I’ll give you my opinion on what I see. Vainglory’s marketing method is by using third-party services like creating eSports and inviting teams to join in and wishing that they would advertise the game but because of this, Vainglory has lost money because in business, everyone can cheat on you and take your money if you aren’t careful and a lot of teams cheated and caused SEMC to lose money, delaying the eSports, closing the official Forums and forcing high-position developers like PlayoffBeard and Nivmett to leave to another company to make money and help them with their families.

Hope for me in this game is fading away Skaarf. I still hope that SEMC will do something quickly to spark my hope back but with the current situation, it’ll take full commitment to do that.

Partner, I have a new yet simple system to go with your idea.

“95% Research”

0% actual research, aside from a common knowledge timeline

2 Likes

TBF, there isn’t much research to actually do. 7 pages of update notes, big OG forum threads and the SEMC website are the extent of the research you can do outside of meta.

But yeah I agree that it wasn’t 95% researched. What was shown was 30% at most, and if he knew SEMC’s entire history, he ain’t showing it.

Also Bryden, you’re a nerd too :3c

I was gonna make a drawn out & constructive post, however I’ve realized something: at this point, maybe silence is best.

I think it is better to have a balance of the two. Silence means SEMC does not have to care what the community feels/cannot know how they feel about changes and constant uproar is just overwhelming sometimes.