The problem with blueprints

I think the real problem is the essence because I meet people that have a decent amount of blueprints without buy that chests or whatever, including me, bc I totally had like 5 rare blueprints, 4 or 5 epics and 1 legendary in the whole time the new system arrived. But I had to destroy most of them bc essence :))
I think the problem of Blueprints is the luck you have to win at least one, but the real problem is the essence.

sorry for my grammar.

You can destroy the ugly bps for essence…

No, it’s not bad. I just wish it never changed in the first place. Because I know they won’t just reverse back.

I hate this new system.
Atleast I could progressively work towards a particular skin in the last one…

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure that as they publish new skins, the system of blueprints release gets better. By now heroes and skins are still few and it takes a lot of time to make original concepts. More skins means more chances to pull one, isn’t it?

My plan is to farm as many essence as possible and wait for a good luck :slight_smile:

give me the Reza skin plz, or i’ll kill someone

Same but I still wish we didn’t get BP’s and essence because it’s just a waste of currency.

Blueprints should have been the system the whole time. They need to increase some essence drops to make it feel like we are able to grind but I personally like this system.

1 Like

Blueprint drops are all too rare. It’s about the money.

2 Likes

Still better than waiting for what felt like forever on glory boxes for that one skin you’re waiting for. The amount of time spent grinding Vox’s legendary was almost painful when I got a duplicate blueprint on my first quest after update.

1 Like

Haha what? I don’t know, but I rather wait even a couple of month for the right box than wait anything between a day and forever for the right blueprint. And with enough Glory you don’t even have to wait for the right box.

3 Likes

lol looks like you got too much cash with you. Wish skins would were only grindable. When you grind and finally get the skin you wanted, you feel a sense of completion and feel ecstatic. Its a feeling you rich kids will never understand.

maybe there’s should be a weekly blueprint box (cost ice, ofc -the 250 one) with certain probability of 2 legendary, 3 epic and 5 rare bp

this change every week (like the old glory box)

with this system at least there’s less rng (and more motivation to buy) the bp box

5% legendary chance
20% epic chance
50% rare chance
25% essence chance (500 essence)

When reading this thread, I can’t help but feel we’ve come a long way from: "Higher tier skins are supposed to give players a sense of pride and accomplishment, and will not be unlockable by ICE."
That’s SEMC speaking - back when only the first tier of a skin could be purchased outright, as a minor way of speeding up progression towards the fancy stuff.
Yes, back then you were supposed to unlock the most desirable skins by playing the game.

And boy, things have been eroding since. Yes, we are talking about a company with employees who need to be paid. So it was understandable when SEMC decided to start offering the other skins as direct cash purchases, too. First as some type of limited special offer, then permanently. But -as usual- they just don’t know when to stop.

It had to be RNG-boxes, and new content had to be gated behind those. It had to be talents, and you were supposedly supposed to upgrade them by playing - but lo and behold, the legendaries somehow ended up in the RNG-boxes, too.
Skins were made harder to obtain for free players with the change to “lol 16 legendaries, please” - but “hard” obviously isn’t hard enough, if you’ve got investors breathing down your neck. (That’s giving the folks at SEMC the benefit of doubt.)
They had to go back on promises with the LE skins, and they had to outright lie with the golden ticket boxes.

But what never ceases to amaze me, is how people observe all of these changes against their own best interest and go: "They need to make moneys! Should’ve always been like that!"
I’d be pointing fingers and decry them as SEMC-staff in disguise, but we see this in politics every day.

So, yeah… that’s some radical change of direction, in just under 2 years.

8 Likes

Honestly it should have been you could earn first tier skins but everything else should be bought straight out (no chest chances) with each skin having a sliding price scale based on weekly or monthly purchases (the popular ones go up during high demand and back down when there isn’t high demand. While the low demand goes down until they become high demand.)

Lol WTF you talking about? I ain’t no where near rich. I’ve gained majority of my skins for free, stop assuming because I’m telling SEMC how to make a profit right and you can’t afford it. I’m sorry you don’t got money to buy skins they’re overpriced but it doesn’t mean it’s smart for SEMC to make them earnable for free. Right now a lot of players don’t like the new system, I don’t. So I’m making suggestions that are in SEMC’s interests, what are you doing?

No sliding prices are just gonna get people pissed and discourages players from spending money. People are gonna be made when they buy a skin just to find out it got cheaper later on and so majority of players will just wait for the skin price to decrease. So then SEMC will just loose profit.

Yes your suggestions are very helpful. People dont like the new skin system cos its hard for them to get a skin they want. So what do you do? You create a new system where f2p players cant unlock skins at all. Nice logic. You think making skins only available from ice is good way to do it? What makes you think any of us f2p players will spend even a single penny once the skins are made ice only? I m sure that would enrage majority of the community and people who spend some money on the game for the sake of supporting will stop supporting as well. Once you enrage the f2p community in a game, that game is pretty much gonna die sooner or later. There are reasons why VG is VG and I prefer it compared to any other moba game. There are already n number of games like ML or AOV. If VG starts turning into one of those games, then its only a matter of time before VG becomes dead.

If skins were ice only and all characters were unlocked people would pay. It is the most effective and logical MOBA business model as skins do not affect gameplay and it also encourages skin development

Which “people” are you exactly talking about? Lets say there are 10 players. 5 f2p, 5 payers. If skins were made ice only, its the same 5 payers who’ll continue paying. The f2p will never pay.

Really you think so, How do you support this theory? Even if players drop out from it the model i said has a proven track record for moba games. You still have your chance to get free skins with ice if you are f2p as you can earn ice various ways it will just be a harder grind.