The Calculation for Ratios

How do you manage to figure out the overall cp damage when including Ratio?
For instance, Grumpjaw’s B has 90% cp ratio.

How much cp would he need to do more damage than with pure wp?

And for Phinn, his A has 600 base with 170% Ratio, how much would it do with like…ShatterGlass and Frostburn?

Ok so if SG gives 130 CP and SF gives 85 CP this is how it would go down.
(130)(1.7)= 221
(85)(1.7)= 144.5

600 + 221 + 144.5 = 965.5.

So it does 965.5 damage but the thing is that this is w/o calculating the amount of shield the enemy has, don’t know what kind of equation they are using for damage dealt vs amount of shield.

Ability damage is gonna be the cp or wp ratio divided by 100, multiplied by the amount of cp or wp you have built and then added to the base damage.

So for quibble at max rank w the two items you suggested that’s 600+(1.7 \times (130+85))

Think of the % as the percentage of the cp you build that goes into the damage

[Mod edit: fancied up the maths]

1 Like

These don’t make sense to me the way you’ve written them.

EDIT: Okay, I get it now. :thumbs:

Damage vs shield or armor is:
(damage)/1+(armor/100)

So with 100 armor it’s damage/2, with 200 armor it’s damage/3, 300 is damage/4 etc.

The main takeaway is that armor/shields diminish in value.

(130)(1.7) is a representation of 130 x 170%. I usually end up doing most of my multiplication with parenthesis and not “x” due to the prominent variable issue and " * " because it makes my work look ugly but this was kinda simple so I guess I should have just used either multiplication symbol instead of parenthesis lol. Helps a lot when working with rational expressions.

EDIT: Nvm I see what you mean it should have been “130(1.7)” and "85(1.7) to represent the distributive property better instead of both numbers being in parenthesis.

1 Like

Just going to note that both is considered correct.

How about:

130 \times 1.7 = 221
85 \times 1.7 = 144.5

\Rightarrow 600 + 221 + 144.5 = 965.5

Magic … :wink:

Man you reminded me of the Microsoft word and making long equations and calculations , yikes .

1 Like

How about when calculating shield? Like say someone has a Celestial Shroud, how much damage would I do with SG and SF?

What would it be if I added BM?

Still using max lvl Phinn Quibble for refernce, 600 damage with 170% ratio.

We used to have calculation members
@Kcnkcn and @DieNuBs , but I don’t know if they still check the forum