This more of something I wanted to make to gather people’s and express my own opinions.
For me, the first two patches where the current Battle Pass (BP No.3) was introduced and in effect were not as enticing for me.
- The higher requirement of Sunlight required to reach level 100.
- The highly specific Talent rewards in it - some of which are seriously annoying and should have their distribution limited if they are not nerfed.
- Krul skin - I don’t really like Krul, be it playing him, as him, or with him.
- The higher level to break even with the ICE spent.
- The lack of a hero unlock in it.
In relation to that, I recall a statement made by one of the devs that sparked annoyance and distrust towards the Battle Pass and the changes they’ve made to it from the previous ones.
That made it less appealing as well. I play Vainglory way too often, and even I was skeptical whether I’ll make it to the end when I first saw the Battle Pass at that time.
To me, SEMC communication is flawed, as we’ve tended to expect out of them nowadays.
After seeing the Events that have passed just recently passed in the ‘Sunlight for Darkening Days’ schedule, I feel that this was:
- a mix of flawed communication that could have garnered more buyers early on (which would, in turn, lead to them convincing others to buy the Battle Pass),
- a missed opportunity for player retention throughout the period the Battle Pass is valid (by making the players pace themselves so they don’t miss out on the rewards from Events),
- a sign of their generosity, flawed as it may be for they are too generous, and
- a missed opportunity at avoiding more salt and slander being thrown at them.
Sure, the current Battle Pass isn’t to everyone’s liking because it stripped the Free Pass out of a good chunk of its rewards and its own rewards are riddled with Talents that most players like to complain on and on about.
For me right now at the time of the writing of this post, I think the Battle Pass is ok. Always thought it was, but I had my reservations whether I’ll make it to 100 or not.
Now I’m at level 95 Sunlight and near the end of the Battle Pass. Can’t believe that my impulse purchase of it when I was at level 49 Sunlight at the start of Patch 3.8 turned out ok.
I still have 15 days on my Double Sunlight booster and 8 days on my Double Glory booster.
TL;DR: Current Battle Pass is ok, SEMC’s communication has much left to be desired and I’m confused by SEMC’s generosity at times.