The ability to trade or sell each other skin Blueprints would be pretty radical

I thought a little about it, and I think it could be pretty neat to be able to trade skin Blueprints with other players.
Throwing ideas around, maybe something where instead of automatically having an already-owned skin Blueprint converted to Essence, you get the choice between keeping said Blueprint or converting. Then, maybe we could establish some sort of ‘Player market’ of sorts - we could trade Blueprints with a Glory transaction fee (to make more use of Glory) and then we can all have an extra chance to acquire skins we don’t have. Maybe have limits to daily trades, or what can be traded (e.g. can’t trade SE or LE skins, it would take multiple Rares to trade for a Legendary, and so on). Or, we could even possibly buy skins from each other outright using both Essence, and Glory as a transaction fee. The buyer gets the skin, the seller gets extra Essence towards their Blueprint collection / future purchases.

Please feel free to expand on this idea, I’d love to hear some additional thoughts and takes on this.

EDIT 1 + 2: It was a link to where I posted this via Reddit, but it got downvoted into absolute oblivion as soon as I posted it. I don’t even know why I bother with that sub anymore.

3 Likes

This would be ideal, but it’s also a pipe dream. It would have a HUGE negative effect on revenue, so … it ain’t gonna happen.

2 Likes

Oh for sure, it’s certainly not going to happen and I agree it’s very much a dream, but that’s why I only wanted to discuss the idea.

2 Likes

1 major flaw:

Smurfs. Self feeding the main account with blueprints .

3 Likes

Very good point. As someone who doesn’t use alt accounts on like, anything, that’s something I never considered.

1 Like

Agreed with this. Bcousee they dont want lost any profit. Im sure of it. Remember.
They called “Super Evil” “Mega corp”

1 Like

Well, SEMC isn’t a non-profit, so they need to make money … As I’ve mentioned previously elsewhere, I think that the increased focus on revenue generation has to do with the latest round of VC financing and goals they need to meet to satisfy the terms of that financing.

1 Like

This would be a great idea for community engagement. Though I think the trading cost for skins should be in smaller amounts of ICE, rather than glory, kinda like the re-roll in battle royale. Having a player market would be nice in general for community-wide interaction.

If it was up to me, I’d overhaul the whole system so no players could outright own a hero forever: different players would own different heroes every rotation, and players could go to the market and swap heroes with friends for glory. As you play with a hero more, you build up “familiarity points” with that hero, that you could expend to unlock favorites even if they weren’t on your rotation (for a small ICE fee too, if you don’t have the points. Gotta make money :sunglasses:.) Of course, the all hero pass would still be available, but you couldn’t trade with anyone.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be very happy about “renting” heroes, as it were, but I completely applaud your thinking outside the box! I am no legal expert (and know little to nothing about international law), but I’d imagine you’d have to limit trades to within the same region/country …

1 Like

Yeah you probably would have to limit trades by region. I mean chances are they’d at least let it go by the current region system. I know renting heroes wouldn’t be popular, but I do think it’s something people could have gotten used to. With the added ability to unlock favorites based on accumilated points or ICE, as well as trading with friends for earned glory, I figure it would be bearable, and provide SEMC with a consistent form of income from heroes besides the “hmm…what should we rollout next” concept. This way, if SEMC wanted to, they could limit the number of heroes, or not release a new hero for a while, and it wouldn’t feel as stale once you have all the heroes and get used to them.

I doubt it’s something that could be implemented without massive uproar this late in the game, but if they plan on having a huge roster, at least up to 80 heroes eventually, I think this would be a fair, economic, and engaging system going forward. Also you’d still have that sweet all hero pass for the price of your soul I mean uh, just a few bucks.

“I finally made it to t10. Unlocked all heroes, got all the best skins…i’m awesome.”

“Time to smurf, my lifetime stats blow!”

Gives smurf everything

This should do it!
Great idea, we can obtain essence too with this shop thingy.

mmo inflation and deflation flashbacks

1 Like