The 3.8 item changes that i hate

Basically your edit.

Not everyone can stutterstep, nor does that stat shows it

Thats for t9 and 10, people there knows how to stutter step, is not that hard. Both baron and gwen have better stats than ringo and kinetic. If you also watch competitve play you will see that the first too are the most picked ones, kinetic is pick sometimes and ringo isnt pick ever.

That’s because you’re including comps and other factors, on a 1v1 base, its different

I though this was a team game.

I made a post on reddit here i think this can explain it better. Basically if an item is more gold efficient, it means you spend less gold per stat gained. So its a really bad idea now to build 5 weapon blades in the early game because you get way less wp with your gold compared to if you just upgraded them.

2 Likes

Team game my left buttcheek, toxicity literally runs somehow in every players blood.

Toxcity doesnt make ringo and kinetic better than gwen and baron.

I think you’re right that stacking T1s isn’t an efficient strategy, but I think your numbers might be off/misleading in the reddit post. (let me know if I’m misunderstanding this though, I need more coffee to really wake up today)

You’ve got Six Sins at 26/stat efficiency, which is taking the 650 cost divided by +25 boost. That cost is actually Six Sins + Weapon Blade, so the boost should be +35 (which is SS +25 and WB +10 together), so the efficiency is actually 18.6 to buy Six Sins from nothing (or 14, to add it to Weapon Blade). You’re still right that two weapon blades isn’t as efficient.

Try checking your CP calculations though - you have Eclipse Prism at 21.7 efficiency, worse than Crystal Bit’s 20. You’ve done the same thing as you’ve done with the weapon tree though, dividing EP’s stat boost, +30, into EP+CB’s cost, 650… For an application, this works out to 45 crystal power for either 650 gold (EP’s 30 + CB’s 15), or 900 gold (three CBs). So, I think the crystal tree has also been moved away from a strategy of stacking T1s.

Haven’t checked any other items yet.

I wasn’t relating toxicity to the topice we were talking about before (ringo > gwen and baron).

You said teamgame and I replied to that :thinking:

Team game is the argument to say that just because Ringo and kinetic might be able to beat baron and kinetic 1v1 they arent better.

I dont get what you mean. The only T1 item that has worse gold efficiency is weapon blade because of its nerf. For the other item trees, their T1 items still have the best gold efficiency. Its a bad idea stacking weapon blades but its still a good idea to stack crystal bits or oakhearts or other t1 items.

2 six sins give you a total of +50wp (+25wp each), and costs a total of 1300 gold.
If you bought 5 weapon blades which will also give you +50wp (+10wp each), it will cost you a total of 1500 gold.

2 eclipse prisms give you a total of +60cp (+30cp each), and costs a total of 1300 gold.
If you bought 4 crystal bits which will also give you +60cp (+15cp each), it will cost you a total of 1200 gold.

Not all items/trees are made equal though so it might be time for you to get used to the new efficiency
(Looks at BM and TB).

You’re using a single item’s stat increase, but a combined item cost. So, Eclipse Prism does give a +30 stat boost, but the cost ‘650’ is the combined rate of Eclipse Prism and Crystal Bit. Eclipse Prism on its own is just 350. For the 650 cost you’re looking at, you have to factor in Crystal Bit’s stat increase too (+15), for a total of +45. I think only then can you start comparing relative efficiencies at similar gold levels.

So for instance, your example:

2 eclipse prisms give you a total of +60cp (+30cp each), and costs a total of 1300 gold.
If you bought 4 crystal bits which will also give you +60cp (+15cp each), it will cost you a total of 1200 gold.

It should actually be 1300 gold for 2 EP and 2 CB (+90 stat boost, 14.4 efficiency). Or it’s 700 for 2 EP alone (+60 stat boost, 11.7 efficiency) because you already have the crystal bits. I think. You’d never be buying just EP’s stats for EP+CB’s cost.

I think my application example still works. 900 gold for three Crystal Bits, +45 stat boost… or 650 gold for EP+CB, +45 stat boost. The crystal tree also doesn’t reward T1 stacking.

When you upgrade an item you lose the stats from the previous tier item and gain the stats for the upgraded item. When you build a crystal bit which gives +15cp, your total cp will be 15. When you upgrade it to an eclipse prism that gives +30cp, your total cp will be 30 and not 45.

4 Likes

Really? If yes then ignore everything I said lol

Wait this isnt even that bad. Compared to killing off all 2 cooldown item builds and pretty much every aftershock hero. Cp heroes who dont build cooldown wont even need cooldown in the first place. Thats cp vox, skye, petal, idk who else builds 0 cooldown. All cp heroes will benefit from more raw cp. Non cooldown users will probably benefit more because of their higher cp scaling.

I played a few games last few days and damn. What’s that gameplay? There’s no tanks from my experience. There’s heroes that deal damage and die faster than I could blink and heroes that do not deal damage and still die faster than I could blink. I had a Gwen 2 shot killing me through my MJ. It’s not like I was behind either. I was most fed in the game along with her. And how are BP dependent heroes supposed to work now?

Simple answer.

They dont

Just a bit off-topic…
What kind of item is aftershock?
Like what is its main purpose?
I mean what was the intention in bringing this item to the game?
For burst or for taking down tanks?

In that regard, I would say it did both in the game, and that really did call for a nerf.
Really chunking a 10th of a heroes health i think is pretty OP.

If it was really supposed to shred tanks, this item should scale with bonus hp of the target not as a percentage of health as damage. Many heroes outright abused this low cost item.

Also regarding cc, cooldown and rb nerfs. I think semc is being kinda monotonous here.
What they should have done is to bring in new items that can REDUCE THE EFFECT OF CC.
I think other games have this and because vainglory does measure the effect and amount of slow, stun period, scare distance and knockback distance , it shouldnt be that hard.

Also cooldown cap is kinda annoying. But it does increase the skill ceiling i guess. After all, I shouldnt be able to spam my celeste A , do damage, get kills and just get away with it. Also given that stacking Dragons EYE stacks is so much easier than BP (it always has been), i think most of the mages are in a good position.

Though i totally hate the fact that ranged wp carries deal as much damage as melees and bruisers. Range by far is one of the greatest advantage a hero can have and in this game its not balanced at all. Its ridiculous.

Also delete tension bow.
Also delete ardan epic talent.
Also delete ardan.

Delete this game too.