TB AS SC a build that should not be

agree
tb is fine
it’s as that cause this . it’s already brutal for a while. %health damage every 2 seconds

1 Like

Then the thread title should be “Defense needs to be buffed!” - because you are a solution-oriented kinda guy, and this would actually help with fixing all sorts of issues unrelated to proc builds or the three items it’s currently all about (one of which deals true damage).

2 Likes

Both are blatant issues. The damage per item slot is way too high for stormcrown and aftershock…

The lack of defense is an issue on multiple fronts and deserves its own thread…

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind so much if I was able to peel from Grump. Right now, I can kite him but if he hits me first, that slow and frontloaded damage is devastating. But that’s neither here or there.

TB falls off late game, so it’s decently balanced. I think SC is fine as is, some would argue. They just need to scale back on AS (a LITTLE, I repeat a LITTLE)

I’m with @Wali . Proc builds are not new or specifically OP, given the terrible drop in DPS. However, with recent changes to defense, they are being highlighted. I think most defense items being buffed will fix a lot of “problems” in offensive items, particularly in proc builds

3 Likes

It is the combination of the health buff with the base defense nerf in hero stats followed by the defensive item nerf while AS and SC were untouched. That makes their damage relatively much much higher.

Saying that it is nothing new is true but the current combination of new stats is new and for these two items it is their highest damage potential peak. Which both you and @Wali are overlooking.

1 Like

Not so much overlooking as thinking the items are not the problem, the defense nerf is

Nerfs plural. Not singular. Aftershock was unchanged while health pools were increased and base defense values were lowered. Those are two points before the item defensive values were lowered on top of that.

A/S should be 12%. SEMC raised health by 20-25%. A 1% decrease is a 7.5% reduction. So if they had dropped it from 15% damage to 12% damage that would be a 22.5% decrease which matches the health increase.

TB and SC are fine. It’s just A/S that needs balancing. I suspect SEMC will drop it to 13% eventually.

3 Likes

TB gives you 240 (IIRC) flat out bonus damage right? Reflex block gives you about that much health. As you’re probably anyway going to build into an aegis, this makes TB fall off.

Rb every six seconds… Good luck…

You’re using vgpro screenshots of L3oN playing with a full vg gold party which isn’t the the best way to demonstrate something is op. Stormcrown and aftershock are pretty op nonetheless

I meant reflex block builds from oakheart which gives 250 health - that negates TB’s 240 damage.

2 Likes

I have seen several pros using that build. Perhaps I didn’t pick the best matches but it doesn’t discreditthe point

This build has been around for years.

1 Like

Storm crown isn’t years old…

Yes, actually it’s been out for two years. TB and AS have been built together since forever. After a lot of patches other builds became better, so it died out. Everyone would build TB SC on Taka for the longest time. SC just improved the build and made it better again, after AC and TB have went threw some changes as well.

1 Like

Not sure this is true I’ve been playing two years and storm crown wasn’t around then (maybe 12 months old).

Reason it’s come back is SC and AS give great cooldowns and TB has been bufffed massively making this build very strong early game. Played a random Ardan in the jungle a few days using this build and DMG was mental.

Pretty sure it came out in April/May, 2016.

You can find threads about stormcrown dating all the way back. It could be older than two years.

More like since there is no defense people don’t need to get expensive dps items so the build works. Buff defense first, SC and TB are definitely not OP. BUFF DEFENSE BUFF DEFENSE BUFF DEFENSE BUFF DEFENSE BUFF DEFENSE BUFF.

2 Likes

Nope, it came out in July 2016 with update 1.19. It’s just a little under 2 years old.

1 Like