Taka Rework

Soo how do you guys feel about this?

Reddit post has a link to the discord that holds the PNs

Wow, that Kaku change is HUGE. It’ll be interesting to see Taka being played now as he’ll have a slightly higher skill cap due to the heal removal in exchange for more mobility and stealth time with it. I think the CD reductions across his kit and the perk changes will help him be on-par with the other assassins.

But theres still no damage tho

6 Likes

Well, with these changes; Taka would feel less useless in between the cooldowns of his abilities.

To me

• The perk fits with the cooldown changes made across the board. Not that it was anything to write home about before anyway.

• Kaiten getting a 40% cooldown reduction from levels 1 to 4 and a 50% cooldown reduction is honestly nice. It’s his best tool for damage and dodging trouble, so it will feel better overall.

• Kaku getting it’s heal removed, cooldown decreased, energy cost reduced, stealth duration increased, and speed boost increased is good - both for players facing against and playing as Taka. It’ll enable him to jump onto people faster and get out of dodge too even better. No heal may suck a bit, but it’s a good trade off and helps in reducing his “I’m annoying vibe” by a good margin.

• X-Retsu nerf seems bad. Like, why? They reduced all his other abilities cooldown but increased this one. That means it’ll be up less often with the nerf to the Heroic Perk? Sure, it is best went maxed out now and his B is something that is already better with this change that it doesn’t require maxing out; but Taka is a terrible early game hero in my experience.

Overall, nice changes.

I agree with Gatorrex that despite these changes, his damage may need a slight buff eventhough the changes does increase his overall damage in a period of time.

1 Like

Wait is it really a buff though?

They just halved the cd of kaiten and halved his passive cdr so he’s not as reliant on stacks now but the cd should be about the same.

Taka will be even worse now lol. The cooldowns are about the same (yes, they reduced them but also the effect of his passive) and he won’t heal.
Also, PBE has green light, so it’s not really a leak anymore.
WP and hydrid idris are now more dead than Taka.

2 Likes

Do you have the greenlit patch notes?

Despite the title they have green light, reason why Maxman also uploaded a Ylva video.

1 Like

Greenlit patch notes - moved out of Broken Pipe.

Can someone gimme the link to the actual patch notes?

1 Like

I’m just thinking about him in Blitz and ARAL. His Epic talent that already cools down his Kaku, will this just be instant CD for higher ranks haha.

The only thing I could think with them not boosting his dmg is they expect you to be able to make it in and out of fights easier with the speed boost. The no-heal is fine. It never quite made sense to begin with for his kit lol.

On an unrelated note, I love how they are making abilities interact in the kit more often nowadays, rather than splitting things up between wp viability and cp viability or making just a and b interact with your ult as a completely separate thing. Not every hero has to be like this of course but…ringo needs an ult change now. So does vox to be honest.

No, the cooldown doesn’t starts until it ends, so he won’t be able to perma invisible.

I think they just made the base for the future buffs in the following update.

Vox doesn’t need a ult change.

I gotta agree with your base for changes idea. As for Vox…I can’t completely agree with that. His ult could use a longer silence, at least by a bit, or a slight slow. Right now it just feels like a tickle compared to everyone elses ult. Of course his bounces make up for that but…an ult feeling like a tickle feels…ew. Like I don’t even dodge a vox ult sometimes because it’s so minor lol. Same with ringo’s ult when he goes wp…no point in even using a heal or anything unless you’re desperate.

And those patch notes…I’m gonna reserve general judgement until I see things in action but man do I see an unwarranted flame war brewing. They did do a lot if stuff that makes sense like remove mechanics that don’t sync or just make snowballing unbearable. I’m gonna miss having to chill to root with reim though, only because his playstyle was hilarious to me: popping out on an enemy or diving them with boots, smacking them with his cane or getting a chill from an ability, then rooting them looked so funny for the old man.

If you consider the silence the main part of the ult of course, but the main part is the massive damage it can deal when used right.

I guess. I think that’s what bothers me about it: you have to use it in the perfect situation, and it barely has any utility outside of that. For an ult, that kinda sucks to me. An ult should be a standalone move that can be comboed with your kit if you choose and do…something… If you don’t. It kinda feels like without the right set up or in a 1v1 situation his ult is lacking sorely, in terms of both damage and utility. Now if you have resonance bouncing all over the place or as an initiator on a team it’s great but most times if I ever catch a vox by himself his ult is the least scariest ult out of almost all of them.

His ult was designed for teamfighting, so of course it was weak in 1v1, but Vox has never been amazing in 1v1.

True but it should be able to do something in a pinch. Anything! Just my opinion. Almost everyone else’s ult has some kinda utility or pinch value even 1v1, even if they’re designed for a specific role. This thread is about taka though so I don’t wanna go on too much about it. Just a general opinion on reworks lol.

It’s still more useful, than Varya’s in a 1v1 situation so…

Mm…I dunno about that. Varya is inherently better to some degree because with EoH she can pop an ult and maybe get some lifesteal off enemies elsewhere on the map helping her sustain in 1v1, and with frostburn you can pop an ult, pop a B or A to slow an enemy, maybe catch them with at least one hit of ult, and the frostburn makes it more likely the other two will hit. Not to mention this is just against enemies running away. If an enemy is melee and tries to push on top of you 1v1, varya’s ult is gonna do much more to help you than Vox’s will. In general just the factbthat it forces you to reposition is more helpful. Vox’s ult silences you for less than a second and tosses some bolts if you have resonance while doing minimal damage on its own. There’s almost no utility in that if you’re caught in a bad spot lol.