Taka or Anka

In 5v5, Anka is way more safer than Taka.

I don’t consider 3v3 to be a normal gamemode anymore due to the balancing there but Taka might flourish due to that.

The tank meta isnt suited for Cp/Wp Taka and he has no missing health abilities unlike Anka.

Overall Anka > Taka in 5v5

Ive had my handfuls of battles against Crit Taka and hes not that scary

Can you tell me what role he would fill? How would he survive? How would he do any damage?

2 Likes

The current meta doesnt suit him rn, but im sure u already knew that :sleeping:

1 Like

My point exactly. On top of that he’s just bad in general right now. WP is decent but again falls off and there’s many better choices.

Taka does what he always has. He picks squishys off. You jungle with him and last hit enemies when allies are near killing them to snowball, then by about mid you should have enough items as wp or cp to go for kills yourself. Problem is people buy too much defense on him when he doesn’t need it if you’re careful, and that usually makes him weaker. Also your allies really have to let you get kills in order for him to be effective.

But jungle is tank role. He’d be too squishy for jungler regardless of his path and he doesn’t do enough damage for an assassin as CP. As WP he has good damage but then he would be lacking defense and therefore not be able to fight for extended periods of time which is how he deals damage. And if he buys defense he falls off and doesn’t ever come online. There is a reason he’s not picked at all for the last few patches.

1 Like

Um…jungle is not a tank role. Anyone can jungle. And most carries clear the jungle faster than most bruisers. Also yes he’s squishy, it’s why the first thing you put points in is his b and don’t engage ANYONE alone if you can avoid it. Also he does do dmg as cp…but the point is not to do Anka levels of dmg. The point is to get in and out, and chip enemies down while you heal any dmg. Not everything is about getting a kill. Just forcing an enemy to recall or run can change a battle.

As wp lots of heroes need sustain, not defense, and Taka is no exception. He’s not supposed to be fighting for long periods of time as wp either. He’s supposed to be doing practically the same thing as cp except his mortal wounds are more effective, letting him spend less time in the middle of a fight. CP Taka is actually the one that spends more time in the fight due to less dmg but having the healing, spamming his A and C.

Saying Taka isn’t picked because of some fatal flaw is like saying petal isn’t picked for the same reason, and if you think that then I can show you that the problem that most heroes have is the build. All these heroes people say suck are heroes that are very item dependent or have really awkward playstyles. That that’s the main correlation means maybe it isn’t the hero. Doesn’t mean some heroes like Taka couldn’t use some kind of change but he’s not as horrible as you’re making him out to be.

Jungle is a tank role… Don’t know if we’re playing the same game but basically anyone who’s not inactive would tell you this. You’re not supposed to clear jungle alone in the first place so you don’t need minion damage. If WP Taka doesn’t need to go in and basic attack I have no clue how you deal damage but ok. Can you tell me the “correct” build then? Also why would you upgrade Kaku first? And yes he deals damage as CP. Phinn deals damage with his abilities as well but the point is both deal insignificant damage. If you can somehow please prove to me how your sustain no defense jungle Taka beats any decent comp I’d maybe believe you. Until then just no. Just not viable. Wp Taka can work RARELY but usually not against any good people and because of very hard snowball and early finish. Go to late and he loses. So if you have any videos or at least screenshots show me please.

Um…anyone can go into jungle and clear it alone. You’re not ‘supposed’ to early but many times you might have to. If you need a heal you’re gonna drop vision and grab the heal quick. If you’re struggling in your lane a good idea is for your jungler to let you grab the buff while he gets the extra gold. I’m not saying wp taka doesn’t go in and basic, I’m saying he can get out of there easier than cp can while doing dmg with his mortal wound from a distance.

A good build for wp taka is sm tt sb tm jb ssw but you can replace the ssw with sh or ag if you feel the need. And you get kaku first because his a does little dmg at the beginning and you’re better off having a heal early rather than barely any dmg and 2 seconds of invulnerability.

As for having screenshots & videos I don’t have any at the moment but that will be coming shortly.

1 Like

Looking forward to see those videos, really curious to see how you play WP Taka, seeing him doing well is always nice.

You’ll literally be insta killed with that build. Heal is weak anyway on WP and Kaiten is much more useful, not for the damage. If you’re facing a good 3 tank comp you’ll just be destroyed trying to get to the carry.

3 Likes

…dude no. The heal is just there to gain something from every moment you spend attacking. And you shouldn’t be facing the tanks, you should be again, waiting for an opportunity where you don’t have to deal with them to jump on the carry, then run out of there. He’s not supposed to be dealing with the tanks at all unless they’re weakened already. And Kaiten is useful, but not as your first ability. Man I don’t mind discussing opinions with you but I notice I keep having to repeat myself when I say specific things like you’re just pushing the point.

1 Like

Umm you know the thing you caller “dealing” with the tanks doesn’t mean you have to focus them. My point was getting locked in gauntlet impaled and eaten doesn’t seem like the best environment for a Taka.

When I say not dealing I mean be far away from them and wait until squishies are split off to engage, using allies and minions for vision on who is where while you steer very clear of bruisers. Getting locked in a gauntlet is one thing. All that other stuff you can avoid by just not being near those heroes as much as possible or at least waiting out those kind of abilities. Taka shouldn’t be fighting alone. All his att abilities make him stick to enemies unlike Anka so his only escape is hoping there’s no vision around and boots. He’s like wp saw in that he needs to commit to some degree so he should only be going when he’s sure of success. A lot of people play him like he’s supposed to be going toe to toe. It’s a basic formula of ult in, get whatever hits you can, kaiten out if serious harm, get whatever other hits you can in, and kaku out. It’s the same thing bad Rezas, Koshkas and other heroes like that do. Funny how they all suck/sucked to everyone at some point and even with reza’s newfound fame, most people still don’t play him to maximum effectiveness.

I meant the 3 tanks would be protecting their carries. It makes no sense that 3 non-damage dealers would go to fight by themselves instead of protecting the carry. Taka is very hard to work against hard CC. He was bad into it in 3v3 against 1 potential 2 CC heroes so 3 of them won’t make it any easier. Classic jungle heroes like Krul, Koshka, Rona are bad at jungle because of the meta and they’re at a better spot than Taka so I don’t see why he’d ever be picked and the pick rate shows that. Literally haven’t seen him in more than 3 months. He was bad back then and then the junglers were not tanks so it’s even worse for him now. It’s just that meta evolved very weirdly and in a bad way.

1 Like

Can we end this topic on If Taka is viable currently.

Having 20 replys with nothing happening on either side besides repeated statements is starting to get boring.

1 Like

Correction on my part. I thought you were substituting tank for bruiser. Yeah, no taka is near screwed at that point, but a lot of heroes without aoe are. And agreed, taka is horrible into cc. His kaiten helps a little I guess. And also agreed that the meta is bad for him because so many heroes now have either some cc or a reliable escape from it.

I think they should make his kaiten a directional skillshot with decaying move speed and more distance traveled in the jump as well as make it a multihit, along with the invulnerability and maybe make his x retsu invincible from cc on overdrive. I think the cc part is what really ‘makes him bad’.

But there is literally 3 tanks every game, it’s not just occasional. There’s Ardan, Lance, GJ, Flicker etc all the time. He can’t deal with that. And even before that he was kinda too situational. He is way too snowball oriented.

2 Likes

The meta is what works the best to win. It’s SEMC fault that this is the meta nowdays as they didn’t do anything major to change it.

Yeah. My point was meta evolves on it’s own and because of players not SEMC. But it is SEMC’s fault for not making changes for a long time to change it again, hopefully to something better