SW: The Rise of Skywalker

TEASER TRAILER

FINAL TRAILER

I can’t tell you how excited I am for this movie! :star_struck:

Trivia

I work with Oscar Isaac’s father :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I really hope this one is better than The Last Jedi. I certainly liked it, but I was bothered by some of the plot points.

Obligatory spoilers for those that still haven’t seen it at this point

I was mainly just bothered by the relative cheapness (at least in my opinion) of Snoke and Luke’s deaths. Snoke was completely set up to be the next big villain but then when he gets a good amount of screentime, he’s just killed off and I really didn’t think Luke’s death was that satisfying considering all that he’s done.

3 Likes

Completely agree with you about The Last Jedi.

In case anyone cares, here are my favorite SW movies, in order:

1. Star Wars*
  2. The Empire Strikes Back
  3. Return of the Jedi
  4. Rogue One
  5. The Force Awakens
  6. The Last Jedi
  7. Solo

206,914-6. The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith

* Han shot first
1 Like

Dang! You’re that low on episodes on the prequel trilogy?

My order would be:

1. The Return of the Jedi
  2. Rogue One
  3. Star Wars
  4. Revenge of the Sith
  5. The Empire Strikes Back
  6. The Force Awakens
  7. The Last Jedi
  8. The Phantom Menace
  9. Attack of the Clones

I haven’t seen Solo, as I don’t see it as an integral part to the Star Wars saga, but I’ll get around to it I’m sure!

In response to the OP: I’m very excited. Trailers are solid. I love the return of Sidious.

Related: Are you planning on watching the first ever Disney live series, the Mandalorian? I am SUPER pumped about that. I’ve always had an affinity for Mandalore and the Mandalorian race. Trailer is epic!

They are abominable, imo. :nauseated_face: Let us speak no more of them.

In my original list, I probably should have put Rogue One above Return of the Jedi for the simple fact that I found (even in 1983) the Ewoks annoying rather than cute. And I simply LOVE movies with strong women as heroes, making Rogue One all the more appealing to me.

Wait, what? What about it is live???

I’ve already signed up for Disney+, actually! At $70/year, it’s an unbeatable deal, and since they own two major universes of which I’m a fan – the MCU and SW – AND Pixar, it was a no-brainer.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry. I meant to say “live-action”. :flushed:

1 Like

I think my wife and I will be getting Disney+ as well - she’s obsessed with all things Disney, and like you, a good portion of my mind resides in those two universes.

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t recommend it too much. It’s certainly enjoyable like the rest, but some of the key parts of his backstory, and in particular, the ending, felt kinda lame imo.

1 Like

My favorite parts of Solo involved the Cloud Riders.

Minor Spoiler

Enfys Nest was a cool character, and she was way more likeable than Han.

1 Like

Only 6 weeks to go!

For me it would be

1. Empire Strikes back
  2. Return of the Jedi
  3. The Last Jedi
  4. A new hope
    5.5 solo
  5. Rogue One
  6. The Force Awakens
  7. Prequel garbage I can’t be bothered to remember the name of. The last one was the best I guess, but mostly because the plot at set design is cool, and finale fight scene is badass. Duel of Fates is badass too though so now I’m conflicted.

Edit: forgot solo

1 Like

So Disney+ is now live in the US … it costs $6.99/mo or $69.99/year – everyone can sign up for a free 7 day trial, and Verizon customers on certain plans are eligible for a free YEAR of the service.

I am planning on starting The Mandalorian this weekend!

3 Likes

I saw the first episode already and I thought it was pretty good. I think it’s pretty interesting to see something that’s primarily focused on a bounty hunter who isn’t a part of the rebel alliance nor the empire (so far, at least). I like the development of the mandalorian so far as well, as he has a decent amount of it already despite minimal lines and a lack of visible emotion.

2 Likes

I just watched the first episode last night, and I agree with you on each point. Looking forward to watching Ep 2, probably later today.

1 Like

I thought the second episode was good as well, they’ve definitely got me hooked and I’m looking forward to the next ones. I’ve been liking the quicker, smaller-scale action scenes as they’re kind of a breath of fresh air to me considering most of the ones in the series are larger. The baby is absolutely adorable and is a high point for me as well.

1 Like

This new poster is so, so great! Its style evokes the brilliant concept art by Ralph McQuarrie for the original films.

1 Like

The video is sooo interesting! (I’ve never seen how a plane that size gets painted.)

United is on a tear with this series of ads …