Sunshine across the Rise, and the Fold

Hearthstone doesn’t feel like a good game. It is entirely pay to play and the bigger wallet will win the game…

If your entire reason for playing Hearthstone would be to win as opposed to having fun building decks, collecting cards, testing decks, and the many, many of other factors that come with CCGs then I don’t think you would like it, no. Buying card packs does not equate to strength, nor skill, nor knowledge of the mechanics or building. I take it you must not have much experience with Hearthstone because it fortunately does not translate money to success.

I have quite some experience with hearthstone.
Past a certain point you meet people with full epic/legendary decks and there is little you can do to win.

Also the campaign cards are buy only and they give a certain edge on top of that.

I love CCG games but hearthstone is almost as bad as Clash Royale when it comes to needing cash to compete…

2 Likes

As a counter, again:

A deck full of legendaries and epics doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll win, by any means. In my entire career of playing Hearthstone (day 1 player) I’ve never bought a single campaign or used campaign cards, they barely give a that edge. In the competitive/ranked I’ve made it to nearly Legendary a couple of seasons, and when not playing competitive I can go entire seasons with under 20 losses, give or take.

Don’t get me wrong - I hear your gripes with Hearthstone and I understand what you’re saying. I just find it intruiging that we have such radically different perspectives and experiences with Hearthstone. Your woes are sound. I simply believe we’re playing Hearthstone very differently.

Any ccg/tcg has a combo element to it there is a lot of thinking and planning in building a deck but to build the deck you want or need it cost money

2 Likes

If you really want to spend money, sure. Hearthstone gives packs out like candy, as it does the gold to buy packs / solo quests / arena runs. Just like any recent game, a fair amount of grinding rewards your work with the tools necessary to improve. Good sense of the cards and knowledge of the mechanics will also prove that, whilst certain cards are perfect, there are plenty of cards of lesser rarity that can be used in lieu of their legendary counterpart.

Vainglory™, the™ MOBA™ perfected™ for™ touch™ (which is available to download for free on the AppStore and Google Play) is the only MOBA that features the pinnacle of perfect game design with the phenomenal hero, Ozo™. Playing him turned my life around. I was born with glass bones and paper skin. Every morning, I broke my legs, and every afternoon, I broke my arms. Additionally, I was homeless and living on the street, with no hope of ever finding a way to live. That is, until I downloaded Vainglory for free on the AppStore and Google Play and selected Ozo. From that point on, my life instantly became better. I found a job, a house and made millions :sunglasses:. My dead grandpa even came back from the dead. All thanks to Ozo.

3 Likes

Perhaps because you are a day 1 player you were able to grind up enough to stay competitive.

I had a pretty good hunter but I had a lot of issues where I lacked synergies in decks because there were exclusive cards in campaigns etc…

This made my decks less competitive and it made the game feel p2w…

Possibly. Much like Vainglory, I have gone many a hiatus in Hearthstone, missing almost 2 1/2 years worth of seasons, and despite knowing I could grind the gold to pay for solo missions, they never interested me; and thus I never did.

Checking now, sans the first season (April 2014, I didn’t play competitive this season) the seasons I missed were:

Seasons unplayed

2014: August, September, October, December
2015: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, December
2016: June, July, August, September, October, November, December
2017: January, February, March, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
2018: January, February

As I stated before earlier on in our Hearthstone discussion, if your only desire was to play competitively, then maybe I could understand why you’d possibly feel the way you do. That being said, for almost every card effect, there’s a less rare alternative. Maybe not the exact synergies you were looking for, but there are ways around this. It’s all about the knowledge of the cards, the mechanics and the game.

If you ever decide to pick up Hearthstone again, let me know. I’d love to play a bit more frequently than I do now, that is, until Artifact is released. Then I’ll probably not return to Hearthstone for a while!

so since were talking about card games rn i think shadowverse is really good. japanese devs so they give a lot of stuff (pretty sure you get at least 50+ packs at the start, 8 cards with guaranteed silver (2nd lowest tier) in each pack) and you earn easily thru quests and achievements. just playing a private match against someone for the first time gives money
good story qt cards pretty ladies what more can you ask for

1 Like

$60 so I can get back into FFXIV :thinking:

1 Like