Sovereign’s Rise - what would you have done differently?

Heroes hit level 2 too quickly and the 5g trickle might be a little high. You can pretty much have all 3 laners start at level 2 for the first wave. If you know that and the enemy doesn’t you can pretty much win a lane early. Also getting to full build in 15 mins for a 20 min game might be too fast.

I agree. I can easily finish my build before 20 min even if my CS is garbage.
The trickle should be lower.

I’m curious if they tested spawning the creep wave 10-15 seconds earlier and what the results were. I kind of don’t like the norm that has developed where laner takes the buff and heal to hit level 2 or is at a disadvantage. I want there to be pressure to get to lane.

I also don’t know what the reasoning is for spawning the buff camps earlier than the rest of the jungle unless they are trying to teach people “this is important”.

I think the slow on the WP may be a little too strong. It’s part of the reason we are seeing strong gank/invade pressure. CP buff provides CP and healing. I think it would be interesting if WP buff provided WP and cooldown and the CP buff provided CP and attack speed. You get a mixed bag that doesn’t dictate who goes to what lane. Stagnant lane meta based on WP/CP will get boring fast.

1 Like

Ok…
But we still have to do something with 5tp boots. Maybe when there’s only the turrets next to the armouries intact, someone can place a cam inside their base and we can teleport.
WE WILL TELEPORT!!

I’d accelerate the gold trickle and minion loot and make dark claw more powerful to speed up the pace of the game close out matches faster.

I think a 12 min Blackclaw would be interesting. 2.5 mins isn’t much but usually the 2nd Blackclaw is game-ending no matter who takes it. I’m averaging right about 20min/game. I think shorter games with more predictable close out time are in SEMC’s interests. I think that’s why there are less anti-snowball mechanics.

The problem with even more gold trickle is that you leave less room for rewarding last hitting. The game because all full build 5v5 team fights so those heroes that excel at that rule the meta.

The early and mid game drag out way too long, and the endgame is way too short.

It’s frustrating as hell. You spend most of the game farming, you hit you late game power spike, then boom it ends in a couple minutes.

Semc should tune the game so the early and mid games are shorter and the endgame longer.

funny, in most games i feel the exact opposite. the end game drags on forever, because no one dares to risk the dragons while the enemy team is alive and no one wants to push into the base, until every turret and armory has been destroyed.

I agree, with the dragon capture, most people rather fight under the enemy turret and die. It drives me nuts. Which is why I think they should also buff black claw to punish that kind of idiocity. So if a team makes that mistake, the opposing team can simply capture and close out the game quickly then the current state, because it then turns into an unnecessary back and forth.

In that scenario, it’s just a frustrating drawn out game because people aren’t playing as effectively as they could. The dragon captures should have much more impact. As in if a team captures black claw or both at once it should be almost a guarantee win.

no. that is boring and frustrating.
the game ends with the destruction of the vain and should never end with the dragons alone.

i would rather make it a bit easier to capture the dragons, so you could actually get them, if your enemy catches on to it way too late.

aside from that, we just have to get used to capture a dragon with most of the enemy team being up and not wait for the ace, like we do in 3v3.

1 Like

Capturing the dragon is easy. You can solo them with a lot of heroes. I see a lot of missed opportunities, and I generally have to initiate the capture and tank it even if I’m playing carry or jungle. If the opposing team drop, 2-3 can capture and the rest defend. The dragons are easier to capture than the kraken.

3 Likes

Yeah same here. Defenseless carry start attacking the dragon to get a head start until my team finally arrives.

I would consider changing the 50% damage reduction on turrets prior to 6 minutes. They could scale this with time starting with 50% but dropping to zero at 4 min. Right now if you win a lane 1v1 your only option is to recall and shop. Reward early game lanerwinners. The chip damage on the turret isn’t worth it and roaming with 50% or less health is asking to get blown up by an enemy. Spawn Ghostwing at 5 mins and Blackclaw at 12 and push for an earlier close out.

2 Likes

I really like this idea. Right now, the early game feels a little drawn out.

4 Likes

Not only that but winning a lane battle early gets you nothing. You dont have the items to kill a turret and it has double defense which is silly…

1 Like

Wouldn’t the CP buff and attack speed make reim super dumb… ask DieNuBs…

Vox, Varya, Idris, and even Krul would benefit also. I think the CP amount could go down to 15% with a flat 15% atk speed.

make goldtoad an actual toad

thiry characterrsssss

Make Frankie a shopkeeper at river shops