Some lore stuff courtesy of SugarVenom

Interesting to read.

She says to consider them non-canon or fan fic.

Though, I think it’s semi-canon cause I don’t see the lore getting picked up again by anyone anytime soon.

5 Likes

I wonder where to put this. Maybe Fan Lore? Idk … it’s not official, but it carries more weight than the average fan-made lore, of course. Hmmmm …

EDIT: I decided to put it in Fan Lore. I think your putting SV’s name in the title should be enough emphasis.

I literally came here right now to post this. I love her blog, I’m glad she’s picked it up again.

Anything written by SV is canon to me, even if lore does get picked up again. It would take a lot for anyone to do it with her quality.

I think this also shows how much she still loves vainglory and its whole story. She didn’t want to give this up.

4 Likes

World building is something I’ve always loved to do, dating back to my D&D DM and Traveller GM days. It’s why when I write, I have a timeline and a map in mind for anything but the shortest story. World building is rewarding and addicting.

SV didn’t just write some stories about a game – she created the entire world in which the game’s map & heroes existed. And because of her imagination and her skills as a writer, that world felt almost REAL to many of us.

The loss of those threads that tied the whole game together is one of the major reasons I feel much less of a connection to the game these days.

4 Likes

w a i t

what?

CATHERINE HAD A CHILD?!?!?!? (non canon tho)

Pls be canon…pls be canon…

1 Like

After the bad aftertaste that Kinetic’s lore left in my mouth, this was refreshing.

1 Like

I do love world building, and I do love reading ones so well done. I wish I had the skill… I do have a oneNote page full of notes on a civilization I created, but I’m not very far into my first story on it .

1 Like

SV wrote it and SEMC has completely ditched lore. For all intensive purposes, it’s canon to me

4 Likes

I mean I’m doing my part even though most of my work is not considered canon.

Some thoughts from SV on Twitter today …

1 Like

I wishi could share my lore with her and compare notes.

I always love to hear from other writers

2 Likes