So no one is going to talk about the a12 apple bionic?

We had an event for the a11 apple thingy, but in like one and a half months later, the a12 comes out.

My past reaction to the a11 event: :star_struck:
My current reaction looking back at it: :upside_down_face::expressionless:

But the real tea is that are we goin to have another event?

Probably not

A12 Apple Website

1 Like

i was checking it out the other day… and it is mighty impressive.

the only let down for me is not apple’s hardware… but it’s face recognition software has reports that it can’t differentiate between people that look chinese. Even with the second generation “advanced face id”. . . I’m not quite sold that all the bugs have been ironed out.

Especially when their solution for people experiencing problems is “trade it in” or “use the traditional pin code”.
I much rather have the fingerprint scanner. even though reports are saying the chances of an accidental login are much higher with fingerprint VS face.

I’ve been watching the whole android vs apple for a very long time and every time i think about switching over, they do something like this. I think i’ll wait it out for the A15.

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of Apple’s mobile hardware, which I think is second to none – particularly since they’ve started designing their own SOCs and other custom silicon.

I decided not to order the XS Max right away, though, for 2 reasons: price ($1400+ :celeste:) and Face ID. I know lots of people with iPhone X’s and they have no issues with Face ID. But I’m perfectly happy with the speed and reliability of Touch ID, so I don’t see a compelling reason to spend the $1400 without seeing the phone.

If I’m being honest with myself, however, I’ll admit there is a better than even chance that when I finally get to see one in person my bank account will end up taking a sizeable hit, as my current phone is an iPhone 7 Plus …

1 Like

Was disappointed to not see a new iPad Pro. Rumors say that it will have a USB-C port and that’s :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Same. I’d rather have a fingerprint sensor so I can unlock my phone as I’m pulling it out of my pocket.
I have a LG G5. The fingerprint sensor isn’t great, but it’s still way better than an Apple face scanner because the phone is already unlocked before a face sensor would ever be able to see my face.