So no one is going to talk about the a12 apple bionic?

We had an event for the a11 apple thingy, but in like one and a half months later, the a12 comes out.

My past reaction to the a11 event: :star_struck:
My current reaction looking back at it: :upside_down_face::expressionless:

But the real tea is that are we goin to have another event?

Probably not

A12 Apple Website

1 Like

i was checking it out the other dayā€¦ and it is mighty impressive.

the only let down for me is not appleā€™s hardwareā€¦ but itā€™s face recognition software has reports that it canā€™t differentiate between people that look chinese. Even with the second generation ā€œadvanced face idā€. . . Iā€™m not quite sold that all the bugs have been ironed out.

Especially when their solution for people experiencing problems is ā€œtrade it inā€ or ā€œuse the traditional pin codeā€.
I much rather have the fingerprint scanner. even though reports are saying the chances of an accidental login are much higher with fingerprint VS face.

Iā€™ve been watching the whole android vs apple for a very long time and every time i think about switching over, they do something like this. I think iā€™ll wait it out for the A15.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a big fan of Appleā€™s mobile hardware, which I think is second to none ā€“ particularly since theyā€™ve started designing their own SOCs and other custom silicon.

I decided not to order the XS Max right away, though, for 2 reasons: price ($1400+ :celeste:) and Face ID. I know lots of people with iPhone Xā€™s and they have no issues with Face ID. But Iā€™m perfectly happy with the speed and reliability of Touch ID, so I donā€™t see a compelling reason to spend the $1400 without seeing the phone.

If Iā€™m being honest with myself, however, Iā€™ll admit there is a better than even chance that when I finally get to see one in person my bank account will end up taking a sizeable hit, as my current phone is an iPhone 7 Plus ā€¦

1 Like

Was disappointed to not see a new iPad Pro. Rumors say that it will have a USB-C port and thatā€™s :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Same. Iā€™d rather have a fingerprint sensor so I can unlock my phone as Iā€™m pulling it out of my pocket.
I have a LG G5. The fingerprint sensor isnā€™t great, but itā€™s still way better than an Apple face scanner because the phone is already unlocked before a face sensor would ever be able to see my face.