Smurfs in ranked

Yeah so? Rage of Bahamut had the same system, worked decently.

That’s absolutely untrue. First, it’s perfectly legal in the US, where SEMC is based. It’s not even necessarily illegal in the EU under GDPR. But mostly, tracking by IP is silly, because many, if not most, users (especially mobile users) connect via dynamic IP addresses assigned by the access point they’re connected to.

Nope. You need the IMEI, which is the only thing guaranteed to be unique to a particular device. Apple has declared that to be violation of App Store guidelines, however, so SEMC can’t use that on iOS.

I double checked.

Botlane has the highest winrate+rank of the entire server for EU…

And the best KDA I have seen too… His KDA is higher than Leon, this must be a top level smurf… It has no place near poa players…

1 Like

I think its Hundor’s? At least its a pro for sure

1 Like

Oh i wasn’t aware of that, there was a reddit post on the LoL sub asking why a person isn’t IP banned so that they can’t play on a new account and the accepted answer was that its illegal

Played vs him, he is not just a pro, he is just for sure one of the top in the game even among the pros.

I think the MAC address can also be collected and enough for indentification. I am sure there are also other ways if they really want to limit the smurfing.

if he’s from another server, does it still count as smurf?
he probably vg gold from another region

Quite a while ago actually.

Yes I do have smurfs, one in SEA to rank with IRL friends, one in NA and EU which I don’t really play because lag.

I would think at PoA Gold, there’s not much reason complaining about smurfs. You know you are going to get VG Silver and VG Gold. If a pro wants to run an account that won’t get insta- dodged, then so be it.

Lol?
So its okay for half of my matches to be ruined like this?
I’ve been told again and again that the difference between VG bronze and VG silver is bigger than between T5 and T9 which is true…

Having to fight a perfect win record pro twice and actually losing points against him twice too makes for a horrible in game experience.

I have yet to hit VG Bronze because I keep running into a lot of these accounts…

2 Likes

This is totally true. Games are ruined and most agree (discussions even in the old forums). Also is true that the diff in skill between a vg bronze and vg silver is massive. Grinding +5 for a win is hard and takes a lot of time, contrary to the lower tiers where it’s +15/20. If they want to fix the skill tiers absurd (i.e. vg silver compared to vg bronze is like t9 vs t6), they just need to make the points gain/lose like in vg tier for all tiers. They don’t, because they use the easy ranking for a motivation to play. Stupid, they can think of other ways to motivate the players.

So, not only VG silvers mope the floor with us VG bronze players, and I mean the real ones, not the boosted ones. Not only the game frequently pairs a DUO vg silvers vs BRONZE SOLOQ players, but there are tons of smurfs lately that are obviously not vg silvers even, they are vg golds.

Also how one would dodge the known name when no names are shown in draft screen? You can’t know who you will face against till it’s too late, i.e. loading screen + now is -25 penalty and that in VG tier are 5 loses, so dodging is a lot worse than losing.

Those smurfs destroys the match, the desire to play. After all it’s ranked, one play competitive and try to win. How is your fun going when you face a pro and one of the best AND his friend that is vg silver backing him up? Oh, yeah, it’s fun to be destroyed, lose points, be mocked by and so on. Nope, it’s not. And some here talk how it’s good to have such players and how they played with him in their team. Yeah, it’s good to have a free elo and feel good when you are +4k ahead, because of the pro. Check the fun when you play AGAINST him in lane and get destroyed so hard, you actually want to close the game and/or throw your phone.

SEMC got the data, they can literally automate some checks to see how good he plays and order the MM to put him in VG sivers matches, when he beats them too for 3 matches, directly in VG gold. Simple solution, isn’t it?

/salt :smiley: