Ruined King: A League of Legends Story

A LEAGUE RPG :scream:

1 Like

I think we found our new jungler that they teased last timeā€¦ :flushed:

In game location?

1 Like

Those are the docks in Bilgewater! The other location is the Shadow Isles (also !!!) ā€“ Iā€™m really excited for this game! I hope that the trailer is close to the actual game art, because all the characters look like complete badasses! I wish it was going to be multiplayer, but Iā€™m more than okay kicking some Ruined King butt by myself as Ahri or Sarah Fortune!

1 Like

Graphics are looking good ā€“ I like the edgier look to our heroes!

RELEASED TODAY!!

Oh didnā€™t realise it released already, I saw the riot forge Nintendo switch showcase and saw they also released hextech mayhem with ruined king it seems. Will probably watch some gameplay of ruined king cuz it does look cool but not my type of game. Did you see the riot forge showcase?

1 Like

No, I saw a little blurb on Twitter about it but didnā€™t follow up since it was a busy week at work (and I forgot :grimacing:)

Oh well Iā€™ll give you a bit of a summary then, they showed off 4 games which clearly all will be available on switch with i assume pc too, the last was just more of the ruined king and further details of such. Itā€™s a nice showcase and cool to see they reached out to indie devs for opportunists to work on various lol champions for their own standalone game.

First they showed was song of nunu: a league of legends story. Itā€™s a single player game, rpg, you play as nunu and willump is with you too as you journey to find nunuā€™s mum. Itā€™s very cute especially the interactions between nunu and willump and just how willump reacts to nunu playing music and such. Itā€™s a 3D environment and I imagine it wonā€™t be much violence but more platforming and puzzle solving and some exploration probably.

Next game was hextech mayhem, thatā€™s now released too along with ruined king. Itā€™s a side scroller rhythm game, you play ziggs and as such itā€™s a lot of explosions with rhythm based action. Wasnā€™t interested much so I did sort skip through this lol

3rd was a 2d platformer, Conv/rgence, you play as Ekko, with his rewind time mechanic they really emphasised that throughout the game if you make a mistake you can go back at that moment and redo straight away with a different approach. A boss catch you off guard? Rewind and utilise the info you gained to get the upper hand. It looks very nice and fast paced. Itā€™s not a rogue like but because of the vibrant art and platforming it has it very much makes me think of dead cells, very much excited for this. Story, I forgot what exactly Ekko is fighting against woops

1 Like

Those actually sound like really good games ā€” Iā€™d imagine each of them will appeal to a broad audience, even if they have no idea who Nunu or Ziggs or Ekko are.

I admit to being a little skeptical of Riotā€™s expansion outside of League when they first announced all their plans last year. But wow, they appear to have a solid strategy, and itā€™s impossible not to be impressed by the success of Legends of Runeterra, Wild Rift, and especially Arcane.

(As an aside, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen too many people more nervous than Brandon Beck was at the premiere of Arcane! Hopefully heā€™s calmed down by now!)

1 Like

Oh definitely, I had no idea who nunu was before this showcase and just cuz of how fun and cute the game trailer is and how the devs talked about it, Iā€™m quite interested to learn more about nunu and willump(especially willump, theyā€™re so cute!)
This ā€œa league of legends storyā€ series of games theyā€™ve set up is a good way setup to explore individual champions more and expand into different game genres through also approaching other indie devs. Itā€™s risky but it looks like it can be really great for the lol series as arcane has done really well already.

Riot taking the lol ip and using it to explore other avenues like pop music with kda, an animated series with arcane and more spin off games in different genres, it sort of makes me think theyā€™re going for like how PokĆ©mon is this huge franchise with its presence spread in many fields now thatā€™s itā€™s rather hard not to see PokĆ©mon merch anywhere. Maybe in the coming years lol merch might be hard to not find everywhere too.

1 Like