(NOTE: This is not a salt thread or something toxic. This is just me honestly trying to tell some things as they are. I am sorry ahead of time if I come off aggressive or salty.
I cant help but notice that people treat support in 5v5 like a totally different role than from 3v3. They honestly act like they are playing mobile legends (where supports are basically tank hyper carries with a lot of CC). Here is a list of the bad things I see people do when they play roam in 5v5:
- They steal farm, by accident through just not caring who gets it as well as stealing it on purpose ( a thing I’ve noticed many supports doing is building an early stormguard banner to steal the farm easier).
- They build carry items such as Alternating Current, Aftershock, Tension Bow, and a favorite being Dragons Eye.
- They never buy the Super Scout 2k so they are left providing minimal vision and even when they do buy it they almost always forget to use the flares it provides.
- Some supports I’ve seen have even been very selfish in team fights, often opting to make sure they get the kills, get out first, and even sometimes popping items just so they can come out of the match with a nice looking KDA.
- The worst thing I have seen though is that they often ignore their team. They will ignore pings, ignore allies in need of assistance, and wonder around the map taking farm by themselves and they never seem to show up in an actual team fight until there are kills to be stolen.
I just want it to be clear that I am not saying every roam is like this. I have seen just as many good and talented roamers as I have the ones like these. And I am not hating on anyone with this. I am just trying to make some things seem a bit clearer about what is generally a negative way to play support.
Please dont take this a salt post or shit post. Just please understand that supporting in 5v5 is just the same as 3v3 with some minor and a few major differences. Helping your team is they key and that means babysitting them
Thanks for reading and once again please do not take this the wrong way.