RIP VG art team

Let us pause to meditate on this moment -Lance 2016

Rip the greatest mobile moba artistes Justin and Michelle who will be missed.

I wonder if they are going to also be partimers?

1 Like

Also i always wondered if Contender Arden and Enforcer Kinetic has the same splashart and they really do!!!

2 Likes

Press F to pay respects
):
):
):
):
):

4 Likes

F.

Summary

This text will be hidden

F.

Summary

This text will be hidden

F.

This text will be blurred

F

This text will be blurred

I guess now that they’ve done all the environment work that they need, they don’t need the artists anymore.

1 Like

Lol game is dead. Boi bout to uninstall.

But two of the people listed work on concept art and skins, i bet they’ll only be part timers due to the fact that they only draw

I’d heard this info last week but wanted to confirm it before I said anything … I think seeing Noxii (Michelle Hardy) in the “Community” section confirms that she no longer works at SEMC.

4 Likes

well, i guess there was some lore planned around it. after all ardan and kinetic are connected. but we will never get to read it :frowning:

2 Likes

i suppose SEMC are going to take the contract route?
They contact a freelance artist, say what they want and say how much they’re willing to pay.

There’s no shortage of talented artists out there…

1 Like

They’ve always done some of that: the card artwork was often (always?) contracted out, for instance. However, Michelle and Justin were two key artists responsible for the overall look of VG. Carlo/Chainsaw is still there and has always been the art director for the game, so presumably there’s still some hope that they can preserve a semblance of consistency in the game’s art style.

Edit: Didn’t mean to leave out the huge contributions from Tracey King (EvilOnTheInside), who was responsible for the Halcyon Fold maps …

4 Likes

Wait, PlayoffBeard has left?
Man… after finnishing the current Battle pass, maybe I should quit.
I love his stream…

1 Like

Yes, he is now in EA (I think).

1 Like