Request I sent SEMC Today

Here it is:

"Hello folks at SEMC! I hope you’re having a great day. First, let me thank you for making such a great MOBA. As someone who played some of the first MOBAs, AoS on Starcraft and DotA on Warcraft III Reign of Chaos, I love this game. Well done!

Unfortunately, I am writing about some issues I have been having since patch 3.10 came out. Latency. I have called technicians of my wireless provider, have unplugged, reset, but as a final step, will take it to get my box replaced or looked at. However, to provide context, prior to that patch, I hardly ever experienced latency issues. To play it safe, I follow the game’s advice and always sit close to the modem/source of internet. The latency issues have gotten worse since 4.0.

I am also a member at vgforums.net. Latency has popped up a few times in our conversations there. I hope any such concerns over latency are of the highest priority, before cross platform, new heroes, etc.

This is an amazing game, but it can be challenging to enjoy it when experiencing 15-30 second major spikes. I was lucky to win most of my games today, but they certainly cost me in other games as well, and it lets my teammates down. This is my primary experience. I am able to continue to navigate my hero (but can’t shop or recall). The rest of the map is frozen for 15-30 seconds. Then, I resume into the game, often in an unintended part of the map or dead.

I thank you for taking the time to look into this request, and to review customer feedback regarding latency as I do feel this is an issue more folks are starting to have.

I understand that you guys have some BIG and AMAZING projects. Cross-platform, new heroes, UI layout changes, etc. I hope at some point a patch comes out that just focuses on cleaning things up - ongoing minor bugs, latency speed, and things of that nature. I bet the community would warmly receive such a patch. We don’t always need a new hero, skin or new UI layout… although those are always cool too!

Thank you for everything you’ve done for MOBA players and on enticing new MOBA players. Keep up the good work. This is a truly great game.

VeritasVT (NA)"

Any thoughts or feedback on how I worded my message or how it could’ve been better? My goal was to use the “positive sandwich” technique. Start positive. Provide the complaint/critique. Finish with positive.

Anyone else continuing to have some of these latency issues?

2 Likes

This is a diagnostic tool they’ve created to test connections to their servers:

http://superevil.co/connectiontest

(Purposely not a direct link – just copy and paste in your browser, preferably in Incognito mode.)

Just press the button, copy the numbers, repeat a few times, and send to SEMC along with your latency message.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.