Release of 5v5 Was Meh?

yes, but if you have a huge party for 5v5 and don’t expect most players to be available for it, it kinda sucks. If i couldn’t make it, sure its on me, but what about people living across the world. Are they just going to ignore school and drop everything to come over to california for one day? Something ingame would have been nice.

1 Like

I understand the point you’re attempting to make, but I also am getting the impression that because you didn’t get more than what was already given, you’re upset. I’m gonna leave this be, as we will continue to just go in circles because there is no common ground. Hopefully next time they do an event, they’re better with their promotions to users and you’ll be happier with what you receive from it.

2 Likes

I kinda get where OP is coming from, I think. While the build up TO 5v5 was massive, it would have been nice if they followed it with a 5v5 event, once released to everyone, that was a bit bigger than Team Gwen/Reza.

As of right now the only reason to play 5v5 is to see it & get used to it for eventual ranked. Something like a month-long event with massive rewards for the whole community in opals/essence, special 5v5 skins for everyone who participates, and early access to a SE skin for the a winning team in a competition, in the same vein of Team G/R, would have been really attractive. I think a lot of people got into the Gwen/Reza thing, but it was so short. Incremental rewards along the way would habe hyped it up even more, even if it was just glory/a temporarily higher chance to get blueprints during the event, since it’s a new system. Also, think of all the new players for 5v5. If they didn’t get onboard before it’s release, there wasn’t really anything to incentivize them to play, in terms of an event and new player rewards, after release. That would have been really nice to do.

1 Like

Pretty much this. SEMC did a great job hyping up 5v5, but I was hoping 3.0 would be a huge milestone in VG, with reworks, massive changes, events, and 5v5. We only got 5v5, which was great, but it could have been so much better

2 Likes

You listed everything they gave us… Lol.

1 Like

in 2.12…
well, now that i think about it, 2.12 kinda killed the hype for 3.0 bc 5v5 kinda had been out for a week by the time it officially released

Not only that, there are tons of games on youtube from december… people watched quite a lot before playing.

OP your complaining that’s free to play game didn’t give you more. That they didn’t invest more of their money to hype up the game for which you’ve invested how much?

They gave free skins, streamed matches etc… they also threw a launch party (they can’t theow parties everywhere).

I’m sure they’ll do more when competitive game play begins and rank starts 5v5 is just a causal game mode.

Ffs I’ve stated that I don’t want free stuff, I have everything I want so far. I’m complaining how 3.0 didn’t feel like a huge update, like a huge change for VG. Some of the stuff that should have come in 3.0 came in 2.12. A new UI would have made 3.0 better, golden tickets kinda ruined the hype bc there wasn’t much changed between 2.12 5v5 and 3.0 5v5. 3.0 just didn’t feel that different from 2.12…

1 Like

Well is you didn’t have a golden ticket probably not…

yeah, i dont know how it felt for non-ticketholders, but 3.0 just felt like 2.12 except 5v5 was for everyone now…

1 Like