Ranked 5v5

I’ll second (or third) the call for draft for all tiers in 5v5 ranked. Double ban seems more realistic for the size of the hero pool.

That said, we aren’t getting ranked in 3.0, and rumor has it, it won’t be in 3.1 either … Let’s hope they use the time to do it properly.

2 Likes

SurpriseBirthday announced a 2 ban draft for ranked 5v5 coming 3.1 !!!

4 Likes

Would role queues be beneficial for 5v5? Already had a few fun games with 3 junglers

Nice, double ban is enough i guess, even though i prefer your triple ban idea

Surprise said the system will allow any number of bans. I would not be surprised if they have a hero pool size in mind for going to triple ban. At 37 heroes, a double ban is 10.8% of the pool. LoL has 134 heroes with 10 bans for 7.5%. Dota 2 has 115 with 10 bans for 8.7%. For VG, I think a 15% ban rate would be reasonable which for a triple ban is 40 heroes. So I don’t think we are far away from that if the devs/community want that.

I would not be surprised if tournaments saw a triple ban. April is preseason and June is the regular season. I could see them testing ban systems in the preseason.

Surprise also stated they are working on draft communication, toxicity, progression systems, and player profile. It also sounds like Ranks after 3.1 are getting a new system and maybe a leaderboard based on Excoundrel’s question.

1 Like