Que times are maddeningly long

The whole issue is down to the way the match-making process was altered.
Previously, if one or two players declined a match or dodged during hero select, the remaining group would remain intact and be matched again instantly with replacements for the missing players.
Now, the entire process is started from scratch (supposedly to increase the quality of matches). Hence you get 5x3 minutes wait times instead of 3 minutes + 4x2 seconds.

So handing out penalties to players will do zilch all. Their behaviour didn’t change, only the results.
The fix is to have preferential MM treatment for existing player-groups, coupled with a more narrow elo bracket for the replacements.

5 Likes

The que is so long that most leave their phones around them and miss the founded game. Also the dodging in high tiers is absurd. How could SEMC remove the elo/ban/lpq punishing system? Ofc one would dodge ranked if the draft favours the enemy team and there is NO penalty.

Today I had 3 dodges in a row + 2 times someone didn’t accept and on top of that 3m+ que all the time. At the end I wasted 20 and some minutes, drained my battery and didn’t play… nice.

2 Likes

This is because before there was always available player in the tier of the group + the games was almost always only the same tier and dub tier, i.e. all poa bronze, all the hotness silver, etc. Nowdays the matches are average elo and fill one player is harder on preserving the avrg. Not to start that t10 with t5 in the same team is no fun for both. Not enough players is the obvious and real reason.

1 Like

'not saying you’re wrong - with the playerbase split the way it is, there’s fewer people available to fill empty slots without compromising the match-maker in other places.
But: There’a always been some variance in skill tiers - even at PoA ranked play. Of course you can hardly compare that to what’s happening in 5vs5 nowadays. I don’t understand the concept, either. 'just that your memory may be rose-tinted.

1 Like

Agree if I think more about it. Also let’s face it, SEMC was thinking the player base will boom when they release 5vs5… literally 2-3-4-5x times the players before. Actually the bump was super tiny and as there are more game modes with two additional 10 players ones… yep. :slight_smile:

3 Likes