Proposed Taka Rework

His healing is just out of control. He can basically fountain every 5 seconds late game. Furthermore, being able to be immue to all damage and CC with a short cool down is also broken. Especially in the hands of a mechanically skilled player. If you watch how Gabe plays he blocks every CC ability thrown at him. Especially in lane, Taka can use all of his abilities to also escape (making all his moves escapes) and hyper extend by using Xrestsu and Kaiten to leap frog minions.

His kit is just way too overloaded. He has better defense than the core utility items. Couple that with a cooldown and tank build Tank Taka is pretty much an exploit.

Can we please stop nerfing hero and bring them back to their creation stats

If you type that up just one more time, I will start reporting it as psychological violence. I swear to God, this shit is worse than Chinese water torture. Good ■■■■■■■ grief…

Taka’s kit is ludicrously overloaded.

I’m not worried about though. Enough pros and analysists share my sentiment enough that he’s definitely getting nerfed, which was shown in scrims. Even Gabe has admitted that he is broken.

It just blows me away that he wasn’t included in the rest of 3.1 nerfs.

Nevertheless, he’s definitely getting nerfed in 3.2.

Rona? Tank taka or not he will struggle to take down rona quickly cause she can sustain pretty well. He cuts through aegis like butter with just SC+AS+BM though and it would be nice if his base damages were nerfed a bit and cp ratios increased so that he needs some cp behind him to deal ridiculous amounts of damage

The fact any pro gamer is saying someone is op or overloaded shows that this game is going to tank big time. A true gamer never wants a Nerf as they like a challenge and know by nerfing even one hero you open up a chain reaction of broken hero’s that use to be able to be countered before you nerfed it’s counter

1 Like

I single him out because he is the least fun to play against. I explained it in my initial post, but basically, it doesn’t feel like there were any ways to fight against a Taka that dominates you. This spawns toxicity and makes the game less fun. Grumpjaw has a big animation on his A, Fortress has to ult before doing much, One punch Ardan sucks to play against, I agree with that, and Cath loses a large amount of her value if you don’t hit her bubble. All of those characters except Ardan have a ‘But if’ statement to their damage. ‘But if’ you can run while he ults. ‘But if’ you dodge their A. ‘But if’ you don’t hit her. Taka doesn’t have this ‘But if’.

But if you don’t expose yourself, he actually has the least value out of all of those heroes, past mid-game.
Even Grumpjaw has more potential to contribute due to AoE damage and as a meat-shield for other Carries.

Like, really. I’m playing against Taka, too. I die to Taka, if I don’t watch my step. I even lose games to Takas. Why do I not feel compelled to whine about it? (And sorry, you are being way more constructive than the average Taka-critic - it’s just that there’s no problem to begin with. Yet if you leave all the whining uncommented, Devs will get one-sided feedback from people who just can’t cope with having to manage their vision and adjust their playstyle. Being forced to have this discussion every time someone gets their panties in a twist and starts a waterfall of tears is frustrating as hell, especially if some people just keep repeating the same shit over and over and over.)

1 Like

Since when does take not have plenty of ways to take him down. The big problem with him is his b though a scout trapped or scout cam camp prevents disappearing yeah it sucks to do in team fights but works

Not exposing yourself is often not an option considering Ghostwing and Blackclaw need to be contested. And plus, this is essentially saying ‘Stand under your tower until late game’ which again, is unfun. I’m not saying that Taka is IMPOSSIBLE TO COUNTER, but he makes the game incredibly boring when all you do is sit under your tower and farm. I don’t know about you, but when I play VG, I want to fight people. I want to make plays. But when Taka is in the game, he is so oppressive that those realities can only occur 20 minutes in, and by that point, the game is basically over. Even compared to Koshka, his closest example, she’s much easier to see coming and her ult can be RBed if you have half decent reflexes. She is oppressive, but it’s much easier to avoid her while still being able to make aggressive plays against the enemy laner. Plus, she scales off harder, making the window of her oppression much shorter than Taka.

TL;DR The solutions to playing against Taka are inherently unfun because it’s essentially taking you out of the game.

I have no idea how he wasn’t nerfed 3.1. It was a ridiculous oversight. It was only a matter of time when someone figured out a broken build for him at the top levels.

His kit is just too versitilite, he does tons of damage, and has way too much duribility. Mix it in with four other players to juggle and a map that is 5 times bigger, in a game mode that snowballs way harder, and he just becomes way to powerful.

No decent laner will let you sit there and farm under turret. They’ll simply just freeze the lane and starve you out till you contest them.

When petal used to be taka counter.

1 Like

Taka is not the problem.

I repeat taka is not the problem.

The problem are items like stormcrown which deals true damage.

And Aftershock which dealsa ridiculous amount of health % damage.

Taka has high CP damage in his kit which is enough next to the offense and cd he builds.

The real problem?

Aegis was nerfed! The real problem are not assassins but the fact that you cannot build reliable defense in this game. So the base damage of Takas kit goes straight through…

Slumbering Husk is your only chance to survive burst.

If you want to tank you get aegis+metal jacket+slumbering husk.

That gives you defense enough to survive a burst from any kind of damage. Once SH is down you are still squishy…

Defense is the problem.

I see 4-8 assassins picked or banned per game.
Because there is no:

think of a basketball game:

Defense!
Defense!
Defense!

The reason we see heroes survive all kind of batshit bullshit and othera die like flies is because of healing.

They made healing OP and defense worthless…

There lies the enormous issue.

5 Likes

You’re spot-on. This is actually what propelled Fortress and Grumpjaw forward in the Meta, too, so it’s not limited to assassins.

The defense nerfs were called out as a dumb move, too… but I guess it’s easier to blame Taka.

4 Likes

Taka is better than fort in that way , it takes skill to Kaiten and kaku properly. Fort is point and click destroyer with zero skill involved.

It takes skill to kaiten? Are you serious?
To time the block yeah somewhat. But Fortress only has an in not an out like taka. Fortress is harder to play.

Taka is a very easy hero to play. Hard to master to perfection I’ll give you that.

1 Like

who said taka is an assassin? I only admit Koshka as the only assassin in VG, not Taka, not Idris.

@ThePinkOtter Removing Taka’s ult is not a good idea. He needs more than one attack, and his A doesn’t cut it. Making his B basically a passive is not a good idea either, and defeats the purpose of having a slotted ability. Taka doesn’t need a rework in my opinion. What he needs is a reduction on his health regen. That’s literally all that’s keeping him alive no matter what. He has one of the best instant regens in the game.

??? I feel like if this is what you got from my post, either I have made a mistake or you have misread the post