PROJECT 2019 Event

So three days in and I’m almost done with all the PROJECT 2019 missions … :partying_face:

2 Likes

I’m fairly upset about prestige points. If they didn’t expire, then I could forgive Riot for not providing a clear road map of all planned skins and events. Since we’re paying a premium for these expiring goods with no clear idea of all of the potential uses of them, I am much less forgiving.

The prestige points system is a little weird, I agree. I missed about half the year, so I don’t have much cause to be annoyed by it, tbh. I’m just working on getting Ahri before my points expire. (I hope I’ll be able to play enough to get Irelia during this event. I’ve got 400 tokens so far.)

I’ve been grinding ARAM, though I actually enjoy the mode, and I’m sitting at 500 or so. It is starting to feel like a chore, especially when you’re the under-appreciated support main.

There is a much more time-efficient way to grind out coins by playing pre-made TFT. 1st/2nd gets 10 coins, 3rd/4th gets 8, 5th/6th gets 6, and 7th/8th gets 4. You rotate who ends up placed where, and each player should earn a minimum of 28 coins per hour, which is more than either ARAM or SR when factoring in all time spent in lobbies and queues. I don’t play TFT, so I haven’t done this, although I’m interested in trying it.

I’m not very good at TFT and don’t find Auto Chess-type games very interesting. My daughter, however, loves TFT and plays it quite a bit. I’ll have to check with her to see how many tokens she’s earning.

Well, it is farming. It’s not supposed to be interesting anywhere you do it. The point of the 8 man pre-made is so that everyone is on board with the farming strategy.

Yeah, she’s not going to be doing that (and neither will I, tbh, because it’s too boring for words). I was just curious how she’s doing on tokens by playing TFT. :sunglasses:

PROJECT%20loot%20week%201

My haul after the first week of the event: 25 Prestige Points, 452 event tokens :vgcheersx3: (The Irelia event skin costs 2000 tokens, just fyi.) I’ve completed all the event missions except for the daily repeating “first win of the day” one. I’m off next week, so I’m hoping to do at least as well wrt tokens then – aiming for 1000 by the midpoint of the event!

1 Like

Token grinding is really hard work. I have 778 after finishing the available missions and grinding ARAMs, and I’m feeling it. If you’re aiming for the Irelia skin, you’re going to have to put in a lot of time starting now, since you need to factor in the 200 coins you got just by buying the pass.

Yep, I did the math already — I need to win about 5 matches a day till the end of the event. I can’t do that on work weeks, so it’s going to be more like 8-9 wins on each of my off days. Challenging, but doable.

So it looks like I was mistaken – TT really is going away entirely at the end of this season:

BTW, that article is a beautiful example of how to explain decisions to your player base and to give them a general idea of your roadmap going forward. (The days of getting posts like that from SEMC disappeared with Playoff’s departure from the company, sadly.)

2 Likes

Actually, this post is really great (+the decisions they made and how they will retire the mode) and even better vs what we got here and that said - we got a really decent communication with playoffbeard on board…

2 Likes

Week%202

Current status after first day off (of 7!) :vgcheersx3:

I didn’t realize there were two additional event missions per week, so that helped me out by adding 60 tokens to my total :opaf:

1 Like

What is your opinion on the Damacia Vice skins :thinking:

They’d be cool if I were still a fan of Miami Vice :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (I was, back during the first season, but lost interest in the show after that.)

Btw, I just got Pulsefire Caitlyn – can’t wait to try her out … the first 2 matches I played since buying it were with a couple who wanted to play bot, so I ended up playing Ahri and Neeko instead :lizard: :fox_face:

1 Like

OOOH :star_struck: I love the Pulsefire Skinline

Have you tried her ADC build before it was nerfed?

1 Like

Tbqh, I bought her when she first came out but never played her until about 3 weeks ago. I LOVE Neeko! So far, she’s the only champ I’ve earned an S with!

Also, her voice lines are the funniest!

2 Likes

OOooooooOOOOOoooooh! New achievement/progression system coming soon!

1 Like

Im EVER SO SLIGHTLY sad that its not really personal mastery for the individual heros itself (I want to flex my Fiora skills) but I understand that it would be hard since theres 140 heros on the Rift.

i guess imma have to pull out my dusty old account for this :potoo:

Actually, they plan on expanding them to encompass all heroes eventually – the second batch is being worked on even now …

Also, it’s mastery of a sort – you have to be pretty good to satisfy all the requirement of each one Eternal, looks like. Plus they level up as you beat your previous best …

2 Likes