Potato servers

Mfw: Game starts with 500 ms, restarts wifi and game still 500ms, game ends, opens pubg mobile the very next second, plays an arcade, 68 ms all game.

Yeah, it’s weird. VG’s netcode is much less able to cope with latency than any other game I play – and it’s always been that way, even at “Peak Vainglory” back in late 2016.

3 Likes

Many of the problems people talk about the game having today were the same if not worse during "peak vainglory’.

People just grow more critical once hype dies down, and burnout happens. Look at the Overwatch community right now.

1 Like

I disagree some of the problems that exist currently didn’t exit when vainglory peaked, some did but they were nowhere near as bad as they are today. The servers were never good but they never performed as poorly as they do now and i have a way better internet that used to back then. Even when i don’t experience latency problems (ms lag) the amount of dysinc and displacement bugs i experience in a single game are unreal, i am always hit by abilities that appeared to have missed on my end or i get sucked back into them.

3 Likes

East coast servers are straight trash

There actually are no east coast servers from my understanding. You lag because you’re connected to west coast servers.

With the extremely low latency of connections within the US – particularly within Amazon’s backbone, which is what SEMC uses – I’d have to disagree with that explanation.

Gotta love being skillfully rooted by that turret you passed by peacefully.

3 Likes

more the reason to get east coast servers.

For sure, just pointing out where (to my knowledge) you’re incorrect, if on a technicality.

The end result is the same, noticeably worse latency on the east coast.

Gotta agree with @Sandiha (for once lol).

Things definitely got worse on a whole. When I started this game a few years ago I never saw any of the common bugs as often, if at all. They were actually rare. Trolling wasn’t as prevalent either, neither were the queue times as bad as often, (nor were my teamates so inept so often but that one I can kinda let go). People weren’t as judgemental about what hero you picked, people didn’t dodge as often. Not all of this is on semc and honestly I think the whole world has just been in a bad mood lately on a whole, but in general, Vainglory did get worse. Overwatch on the other hand didn’t really get worse so much as the drastic hero changes are probably too frequent lately and tiring some people out, and it’s not innovating and building on itself in certain ways as much as people expect it to.

I mean I had two great games today where my team worked together and we won, and it wasn’t even exciting. We just stomped a mudhole into the enemy and by the end winning just felt like a chore for me because I picked Reza lol. I even called it before the game simply because I played with the same ppl before and knew if I picked Reza and they played as well we were gonna win, just because Reza is that good against so many heroes and no small number changes are gonna affect that because it’s his kit that’s broken, and making him weaker would just make him like BF. Even in good situations the game just doesn’t feel as fun anymore because heroes like Reza and Anka exist, though Anka is easier to balance imo. I mean the only time a Reza really loses is if he doesn’t have enough dmg or he messes up, and it’s largely because of his dashes. It’s not that different as when I first started, because my first mains were skaarf and saw and I wrecked the same way, but at least skaarf has to aim and manage puddles/his positioning with his ult, and same with saw in a lot of situations. There are a lot of heroes that have too much or too little built in strength, etc. In general things just aren’t great with too many core things.

How so? Unless you’re saying the servers are already trash

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.