Pls end this [app size, downloading, &c]

Ah. that puts you on… NA servers?

Depends. America is our closest landmass.

There’s a hilarious misconception in many online services that bundles Bermuda as “Latin America and Caribbean” despite not being a part of the Caribbean, nor are we Spanish speaking or even remotely close to that culture.

In AoV for instance, the game “suggests” I play on Latin American servers, but I play on NA. My ping is the exact same for either, despite it proclaiming otherwise.

In terms of settings up online accounts, a lot of times they suggest “Latin America and Caribbean” based on my region, which often leads to Spanish-speaking help and support services, which again doesn’t help - we’re an English speaking country.

I always choose NA. Easiest to deal with, I speak the language, often has the best connection, etc.

The perception of Bermuda and where to place it for these services, games, etc. is riddled with misconceptions, possible lack of knowledge but mostly the fact that there’s not really much elsewhere to throw us. As it was once explained to me, it’s easier for them to bundle us into an already existing group of the easiest relatable thing, rather than put us into somewhere we less likely fit.

2 Likes

You’re in a pretty good sweet spot I reckon. You could connect to EU as well and get good ping.

Just remeber ping has very little to do with location but internet infrastructer. Though it seems odd to put an english speaking country with spanish and portuguese speaking places.

Holy cow I didn’t know Bermuda was a real place, then to have people living there too? I bet you all go to the same school with your small population and stuff
@Dooogeee I use Android and the update takes about 3 mins Max. I play on Motor 2 play with shitty Time Warner internet so I don’t know what you’re doing wrong.

Edit: Sorry, man. Not a behaviour I usually exude.

The latest update for me was the longest in history. Downloaded twice (bugged out). 3 hours gone. . . another 3 hours for the “additional file” - approx 1 . 5 gigs and another 2 hours just to install the game.

total 8 hours.

Don’t mock my ignorance. Jk I know it’s funny.

1 Like

Don’t take any offense, I just don’t have much to say to it. I definitely made a snide comment, so I’ll just edit it and be on my way.

I apologize, it’s not been a good day and you shouldn’t have had to be on the receiving end of my mood.

But, I suppose I could give you some knowledge!

Yes, very small place, very real. Lots of schools for its size, you’d be surprised.
Being anywhere on the island you’re guaranteed to see someone you know, at any given moment. It’s often rare you don’t at least see someone you know, but more than not you will end up interacting, too.

If you have any other questions I’m happy to answer over PM.

Again, my apologies.

1 Like

Uh your fine dude I didn’t take any offense and laughed at my own lack of knowledge. Thx for some of the info tho.

1 Like

Cool but I still think I needed to apologize. Cheers.

I actually didn’t know it was an actual place either, I just knew about the triangle and the shorts (lol).

2 Likes