Patch 3.10 sneak peek

Where did you find that

:potoo: Pls do tell me UwU

That’s what I’m saying: if they fixed numbers to reflect gameplay, balanced all heroes better while keeping their intended purpose, did a better job of explaining what their balances are meant to do so people have an idea how to build after a patch (I feel like we’ve been down this road before), and somehow gave captains a means of being able to roam more/junglers incentive to actually help laners more, a lot of issues would be solved.

Right now the issue with all lanes is both the captain and the jungler need to be roaming into lanes. That doesn’t always happen, and is disincentivized by the new cooldowns on spawn and the tankyness of jungle monsters. Not to mention while some people didn’t like the turret dmg buff, turrets are now pretty much useless again for helping to defend a solo laner against a 2-3 man push (a la kensei problem), especially if one of them is a captain. On top of that, some heroes are so ridiculously weak early game, it’s like they’re forcing the captain to help build them up, which doesn’t work if they get pushed by a group. Minion health has also now made this a problem again as a team can safely push a lane as a group because you take longer to push their turret in a different lane.

I don’t wanna make a long post but they really gotta start looking at everything on a whole when they do things. In general, I’ve said it before, this game has a lot of mechanical gameplay flaws between its different parts and every time they change one it upsets everything else in some way (or, to be more accurate, because of the multitude of parts this game has, everything has to be fine tuned to perfection or the game ends up being broken in play because it’s not an action-y masher, it’s strategy, and a slight issue in a strategy game can ruin the whole thing).

Just to add, it’s weird, the reactionary changes they pick to make and the changes they should make that they choose to ignore. A lot of the things people have complained about on patch release, they’ve found ways to compensate for. Others should have clearly been reverted and they weren’t.

Semc is flip floping around because there is a disconnect somewhere between how they view the game and how players actually play it. Been saying that for a while now. Sometimes I really wonder how many developers actually play the game, or better yet, how many people who sign off on decisions about the game actually do. They need some peoole who actually ‘get’ the game from a player standpoinr to be making decisions on what to change because that’s clearly not the case now.

In maxman’s stream sonata was talking, and one of the things was that both WP ardan and lorelai are too strong right now and will be touched, WP ardan probably will stop being meta. That’s what he said.

1 Like

On the topic of being different and straying from traditional moba, while changing the meta - I always wondered how cool it would be for the bot and top lanes to be more of a figure 8, with every lane meeting in the middle. Think of a clover highway intersection.

You get crazy early game with the lane, your jungles are enclosed in circles that anyone can get to, and it becomes much more exciting to decide what to do as lanes are pushed farther away from each other. It also gets rid of the lack of mobility for slow roams at the beginning, before boots. Hell, SEMC could even do some cool :poop: and make minions randomly change lanes or give Blackclaw a function that makes you work to get him into the lane you want instead of just mid. Just a thought

4 Likes

There should be a turret at the intersection. That would be cool lol

1 Like

This won’t be the first time, I’m afraid. If you played or heard of HOC (my favorite MOBA before VG that is sadly now dead - no devs), they have one of 2 5v5 maps with a massive jungle in the middle and two lanes on the sides. It is fun and something out of the ‘generic’. I agree to this idea and I think will be good. OMG, I’d love it if vainglory will have a similar but not-so-similar idea. <3<3<3

1 Like

That seems like an interesting map idea for a 4v4 map. Has 4v4 ever been done?

1 Like