Oldskool's hero ratings

More heroes were viable, no heroes was totally useless like current taka or fort + it was just released game mode with heroes and items designed for 3vs3 and halcyon map. He really did good actually and till now he was going to balance things out a lot better. They just managed to lose him too from the team and here we are now.

Not necessary your team is worse. What if the good player is forced to play top and the worse took bot + the second good player to be support (while in the enemy team the best players with similar skill are bot and mid)? Given all the 5 players have their skill mirror in the other team. This is design flaw as positions impact is too unbalanced. Yes, it canā€™t be perfect, but now the unbalance is high.

I am constantly punished to fill as support with clearly weaker than me players that rush bot and mid positions (and not like I am that good, not at all - real t10 bronze and thatā€™s all). Is this fair towards me and stimulating me to play more?

This problem starts with the 5vs5 approach for tiers mixing if the overall skill is the same. In 3vs3 there was NO such problem as there 99% of the time you will match ONLY with your exact tier players! No t7 in t10 game as long as there is one on each team! Then it comes to boosting as 5vs5 is more easy to carry weak player in tiers as his individual contributinlon is lower and thus easier to win the game with poor performance, ESPECIALLY on some positions as top.

Add baron to the list of useless heroes.

3 Likes

And a few moreā€¦ but the new balancing team thinks otherwise.

Well to be honest we all agree that 2.8 was the best balance changes but it was 3v3 , the only mode , and 3v3 had a lot of balance problems but it was easy to balance the map and heroes , I think zekent is thinking about how to reach the balance point for the map not the heroes , so they think about the playing time , I think this is probably what makes them do random things , they want a fast game and balanced at the same time , and this is hard to reach .

Yes, by increasing the damage of roams (who were actually top tier and able to harass the enemy laner?), by reducing the Yatesā€™ cooldowns? (He was top tier too), by nerfing Taka instead of Anka? (Taka was weake and they decide to make him trash lol), by nerfing reflex block again? (They buff captains, so we can expect a CC meta againā€¦ and they also nerf Reflex Blockā€¦ okkk). Thereā€™s no justification for all this. Itā€™s poor balance, and each update is worse than the previous one.

The roam problem I think is super annoying for semc , like right now I really enjoy playing roam in 3v3 because they are strong , and even with roam role being strong right now a lot of people prefer lane and jungle , the same for 5v5 unless a duo or trio playing then they already planned who going to roam , roam is sensitive topic for semc they promised long time ago to make roaming fun , and I think they couldnā€™t do it because if they buff them they get abused by playing them as carries and junglers and if they make them underpowered nobody going to play roam .

I think anka replaced taka , semc clearly loves her and they want her to be the vainglory assassin , come play vainglory and delete your enemy hehehe , she is very strong and deserves to be banned , but I donā€™t see a nerf coming to her because she is their favorite assassin .

Yates and reflex block all related to making roaming fun , fun for semc not me , itā€™s their vision not mine.

Thatā€™s what I call random changes, those changes are not to make the game better, so is poor balance

I know everybody hates the crucible changes but I donā€™t think it was bad. Now abilities like Verse and Forced Accord arenā€™t useless. And I mean actually viable abilities without Phinn having 14 sec CD on his ult like a few years ago.

Abilities that when hit basically win the fight. I agree itā€™s necessary, but it came in a bad moment.

1 Like

I mean itā€™s not really that hard of an impact though. Catherine and Adagio are still not meta despite having those abilities. Most roams didnā€™t need any buffs but crucible changes arenā€™t exactly related to them, like Lorelai or Yates I mean.

Crucible changes are related to them. Every nerf/buff to crucible is a buff/nerf to roams, specially the ones with big AoE CC ults.

2 Likes

I maintain that a minor change to even the current mirror map format would create a lot of balance and make the jungle a more viable role. Make it harder for the enemy team to access your jungle to make it more of a gamble when they decide to invade it. They then slightly reduce the respawn time for jungle spawn.

The more restricted access to the jungle also means it takes more time to leave your jungle. You are therefore both encouraged to stay in jungle and farm while having to be more decisive when leaving the jungle to engage in lane as you will lose time with the jungle spawn cycle.

This would be a very quick map edit adding a few more trees/barriers to a few jungle access points.

Neither Lorelai nor Yates have big AoE CC ults thoughā€¦? Isnā€™t that what I said? Changes are related to Catherine, Phinn, Adagio mainly.

Yeah I agree and what the balance Devs wanted from the change is to make reflex block important for all heroes or careful plays , but what happened and what I see in my games people prefer other defenses or go glass cannon over buying reflex block , carries are annoyed because they want to have fun while the roam doing the work , now roams have more impact and carries take responsibility of not blocking stuff not just roams .

1 Like

Lorelai and Yates were buffed when they were already top tier idk why.

1 Like

I know and the buffs made no sense (actually for Lorelai thereā€™s a point. More skill potential as the stun is better but harder to land). But I said none of them is a hero thatā€™s related to crucible. You donā€™t go in-game like ā€œoh thereā€™s Yates I need to prioritize crucibleā€. You do that against Phinn, Adagio, Catherine. None of them is top meta. Thatā€™s what I mean they arenā€™t related. People see those 2 changes and merge them as if itā€™s the same when itā€™s not. And again none of the heavy CC ult roams are broken or top meta.

1 Like

Because the other roams are busted AF.

2 Likes

Adagio is a strong roam pick and Phinn is banned on a relatively frequent basis in T10. Lorelai is busted right now because her stun is too long, the barrier from her C is too big (this is a huge issue because you cannot stack BP or DE off of heroes shielded by a barrier), and the slow on her pools is too high once she has two HP items. She also does too much damage for a roam all the way up until mid-game.

It isnā€™t just about hard CC. ITā€™s also about soft CC (which RB is poor at countering). Itā€™s also about the full utility package roams bring to the table. And right now that utility package is far too good to the point where theyā€™ve almost completely rendered two entire classes of hero obsolete (bruisers and assassins).

Crucible, Aegis, and the standard RB all need to be buffed, damage on roams needs to be heavily reduced, and CC needs to be reduced in both potency and duration across the board.

1 Like

They need to rework captain dmg so if you wanna play a cp or wp captain you have to invest more items in them. Itā€™s not necessarily a bad thing that captains have more dmg, but without accounting for their base dmg and ratios better, captains can do work with like 1-2 cp or wp items and its ridiculous. Also lorelaiā€™s barrier IS way too big but Iā€™m terrified that theyā€™ll nerf it way too hard. Itā€™s like a defensive Nanoboost from overwatch right now.

Edit: empowered barrier. Regular barrier is fine but that empowered one as cp or capt is huuge

1 Like