Obtaining Catherine SE Skins

Lol I remember cath’s se skins, mega meme. To get the plain red it was a 1% chance of an rng box, and a 2% chance on another rng box for the blue. I yoloed 1 box and sniped her blue even tho I don’t play cath xd. I also got her beach patrol black and red from that event.

Yea you got a legendary fluke to get the idris se, I won it by getting 10 wins in a row. Man, it was difficult because of teamates but the other event to get it was ridiculously hard, so glad I did the first event.

The fact that Cath’s red suit has never been available since then (when as you said, it was only available in a stupid RNG box at a 1% drop rate) still really pisses me off. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

SEMC is infuriating in their inconsistency and lack of transparency.

Yup, its weird how most of the SE skins are available for opals like intended, but then there’s SP Cath that isn’t and Ares Varya that’s available for ICE…

2 Likes

I want her complete lifeguard collection, dang it!

2 Likes

I was excited to see the SP Catherine Skin available for sale - potentially. Am I reading the update 4.4 notes correctly? Is the “sale” simply the ability to open a pull chest? It won’t come on sale for ice or opals at any point this season? I’ve got to spend 99 :ice: for a 2% chance pull?

I think event or special skins going to be chests and not direct buy , but if they already available for opals they put them direct buy with ice , like love bite black feather or the summer skins .

Looks that way. As an aside, I really hated how they decided to do chromas; they preyed on whales who can’t stand to have empty collections and tried to double-dip in sales when only a fraction of the effort was expended. Doubly so, they hid this skin behind loot boxes as they did last summer. I wouldn’t have bought the boxes regardless, but having the Beach Patrol skin only cements the choice to refrain.

The red Catherine skin was advertised as not being initially available for opals, not never available for opals. Here is the wording from the press release for the update:

‘Summer’ Party Catherine (Red Suit)

• At launch:
    • In a special box
    • The All Box
    • Not initially available for direct purchase

This is probably a symptom of their growth strategies not being in sync with development.

to be honest this is a weird thing semc doing for no reason , they brought LE skins back even with them had promised not , the events skins are open for coming back anytime I have no idea why they doing this , I think this makes them even look worst for bringing back LE skins , they holding event skins like a treasure while they are recolors , Iam not interested on them .

So - to clarify - this means that at some point SP Catherine (red) was supposed to be available for Opals? Or is this in this update’s notes and I missed it somewhere? Before I attempt to waste the remaining ICE I have on 2%, I want to make sure it’s the only way I realistically have a chance of obtaining the skin.

The only thing they said was that I wouldn’t be available for direct purchase. Whether was just that update or forever is unknown, so you decided.

1 Like

Well, I used my remaining ICE. Did about 6 pulls. No new skin. Sigh. At least I tried. At least I had a “chance.”

1 Like

I never would have recommended that you buy the boxes. They’re just so terrible compared to the ICE you have to spend, and there isn’t any RNG protection. I felt burned when I bought 5k worth of Rainbow Glaive loot boxes, and that just confirmed that I should never try 2% boxes again.

Eh - I didn’t “buy” them per say. I had ICE left over. I have no need for saving it now with no BP or anything else meaningful. Figured I’d give it a shot and see if I could get lucky and snag that skin. All good!

I don’t think they going to make it opals unless they announce it clearly like Gwen new skin , if you check the market you will notice the marketing team putting the black feather and vox skins as chest and not direct buy , if you check the skins inside the game you going to find them direct buy , so that in my opinion is misleading , they used to show the two options in the market now they make it look like vox available chests only .

It makes sense because they arent making any discount, and in that page they are only putting the offers.