Next update reveals :O

Oh so he actually is a Wrestler, now I understand why that voiceline that is also used for Beowulf in Skullgirls… Iirc it’s based on a quote from a WWE wrestler (?)
Ngl, I like the idea but the voice acting is terrible on vg, without Sarah putting actual care into the VA sessions it’s obvious they don’t even bother.

It’s baffling how they don’t realize how ineffective and tacky their marketing is.

1 Like

Here’s the splash art…

Source: Twitter

[Mod edit: Added image, since the link is just the image on Twitter]

1 Like

Who’s that? :thinking:

I wanna see other opinions before giving mine. But im sure that someone already knows what I might say.

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHA what the ■■■■ LOL XD

This actually looks really good! Or are my standards just lower because of the more recent splash arts? :see_no_evil:

7 Likes

I am liking this coming update so far, everything is well done, they just introduced new SAW’s skin as well.

2 Likes

It’s nicely rendered but doesn’t look anything like BF, and truth be told, could fit into basically any game.

I think we were all spoiled by Vainglory’s early years and the in-house art department led by Carlo Arellano: the look of the game was unique and extremely cohesive. Also, Sarah’s lore wove the various characters together, making the game much more than the sum of its parts.

7 Likes

Sawport

Wow you hit the nail right on the head :cowboy_hat_face:

I instantly thought of that but I realized that the og days had me spoiled. I really should lower my expectations shouldn’t I?

2 Likes

Another stupid teaser … will add the actual splash art when it’s available.

I like that SAW’s weapon is a flamethrower with this skin :fire: :saw: :fire:

EDIT: splash art is a few posts down

2 Likes

must be a legendary fosho 303030

Their teasers are painful. Though they aren’t the only ones teasing like that. I’ve seen that same style somewhere else. I think it’s some weird industry trend in certain places thats supposed to be effective, but its painful and cheesy.

Edit: That was a little harsh on them to say though. They are trying. I guess its a means to be cost effective, the short snippets of…usually random whatever…but they could make some awesome trailers if they wanted. Some of the fan made stuff when they had those competitions was epic, so its possible.

5 Likes

I really feel like the modern teasers/reveals lack the heart from the devs that they once had. I see them as being thrown out because new heroes and skins to be expected at this point, with not exactly the most possible care going into them, just enough to get the point across that new stuff is coming. Back in the older days, they felt much more impactful because you could feel that SEMC was proud of the new content they were providing, plus with the lore they usually came with, you could form an attachment to the new hero/skin easier by knowing who the new person to the fold was or why exactly a hero looked they way they did with another skin.

1 Like

The ‘just enough to get the point across’ vibe is strong.

2 Likes

Source: Twitter

[Mod edit: added splash art, as the link is just the image]

1 Like

Twitter is free, tho … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously, though, it’s not a cost thing – it’s a feeble and misguided effort to create anticipation through deliberately withholding information about what’s coming.

I actually like the new saw skin splash art, hope they don’t just make him shoot double bullets and call it legendary.

1 Like

Its a flamethrower…

It was a joke about the poorly made ringo skin. I hope they put more effort into this one.

2 Likes