Newest feature from Broken Myth! 🔮

Hi forums! :minions_happy_t3: :cheers_minioncandy_t2: :minions_happy_t2:

I’m stoked to share a side-hustle project with everyone here. I’ve been working with a few folks at Broken Myth to design a hero counters and builds guide. The hope is this will be a useful and fun to use resource to help players better draft and build their heroes.

We’re sharing some images for hype and feedback, and would love to hear your thoughts! Check out the video and stills below:

What do you think? Excited? Confused? Are there any features you’d hope could be added?

And the Broken Myth twitter and reddit links, if you’d like to keep up with the convos there:

11 Likes

Seems pretty cool and I guess a lot of work went into that. But I’ve got one question. Can you make the hero counters and good matchups personal? Like can you set it up for yourself or is it done by the default app only?

2 Likes

That’s an interesting idea… it’s not designed to show personal stats, i.e., which heroes you personally lose/win against most, but I’ve always wanted to see that info somewhere too. Sort of like this, but filtered by your own hero choice, and using the UI and styling up above:

Is that info kind of what you meant? We’ll add it to a wishlist of features and see if it’s possible.

Well, now we know what you’ve been up to lately! :wink:

1 Like

Oh man, I wish! I’ve just been busy in general. But a chunk of my work is with govt subcontractors, so with the shutdown I have some time to get back into VG projects… :kraken_sad_t2:

1 Like

I think there was a website that had heroes and their winrates against other heroes but not made to adapt for draft like this one. But I meant something else. For example set hero X to have good matchup against Y and bad matchup against Z. So this way you can have a lot more time to think over draft clearly. I’m asking this because different heroes work in different ways for different tiers and even regions. For example how lower tiers like Alpha, high tiers usually love Kestrel when she’s good. I remember some time ago no one was using Ozo while people were saying he’s frequent pick in SEA. I think other regions don’t use Skaarf as much as EU etc. You’d just be able to personalize it for your own experience.

1 Like

Vgpro shows your wrs and what heroes you tend to lose against when you play that hero. Essentially a personalized counter stat viewer

Does it? I found where it shows that info, globally, but I can’t find where it is for individual players…

Ah, ok. So a way to make personal notes about matchups, and not just a way to show API stats on top of counter recommendations. That’s interesting to think about!

1 Like

Yeah pretty much that. After some games and personal notes you’d have your drafts set up nicely and be able to counter pick very time efficiently. Guess it would be cool for soloq.

I will have to have that for every time I decide to play a hero I don’t usually play. Seems awesome.