New Hero teased for 3.9 (Yes, he's a mage)

We had Inara for over a month then Lorelai and Churn. These guys are essentially humanoids which we have a bunch of like Glaive. The only two real monsters are Skaarf and GJ which only get popular when they are broken. Though Skaarf gets popular with every skin release.

Monsters require new models which means more work, more bug, and more messed up kits.

We really don’t need any authentic monsters but humanoids I do look forward to seeing because they speak human language and look cool. HIBFKGVUJVCFGCFGCVHJN gets boring after a while.

1 Like

Churnwalker in the corner of the thread

Churnwalker’s anger intensifies

On another note, where was this “Gythian Prince” when Gythia was being sacked by Kinetic and the rest of technologists? HMMMMMMMM :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Rip lore. Maybe someone will ask SV on reddit for some answers.

Yeah, without lore, my enthusiasm for these new heroes is certainly lessened.

Maybe they’ll do a cool k-pop music vid or something to build interest … :ozo:

3 Likes

I don’t quite like his look, but his shirt is great. The belt and stripes after are nice details. I really wish there was lore still ongoing.

@KonChimNon , just curious, what do you think of lorelai?

I want a archangel and a demon lord hero or maybe an support treant king with weaker but mobile jungle buffs / heal and jungle teleportation or an different elemental… something fresh, something new like a minion hero that does something to minions or maybe an demi-god or maybe an hercules like hero lol look we already got the cowboy,zombie,asian mechas,angelic like being,demonic like being,ninja,cute animal,mages,knight,witch,weeb furry girl,soldier and what ever I missed

1 Like

I heard you want an archangel hero

I’m like the only who likes his design. It’s very cool to me but I also have a thing for mages.

I mean if the looks don’t matter and it’s only kit why do you want monsters lol? If a hero is well designed I don’t see how being human makes them “boring”. Not talking about this hero though, just in general.

His B gives him attack speed which lets him stack his perk. His perk boosts his tankiness and his A damage. Ult is just CC ability. It’s not counterintuitive. It just lets you “abduct” someone. Like Krul’s ult. It’s got nothing to do with his other abilities but it’s iconic to the hero’s personality and is CC. His B also doesn’t hit light as CP. Of course not as good as WP but it’s there to help your damage not kill targets mainly with it.

Hope he’s a jungle mage (AA, jungle sustain, jungle control, high jungle clear speed), ‘cause after Inara the jungle now looks quite promising.

Design wise, I can see why it’s boring to look at, SEMC should’ve look for more inspiration or change the source of their current ones. (Celeste, Idris, Skye can all be traced back to sources of inspiration and were al referential). I know that he’s a Gythian, so there must already be a concept, but from the rough sketch and concept, I don’t see power, I wouldn’t guess he’s a prince also…
Looks nice, regardless, just…nice…no more no less.

Krul’s ult gives a single stack of weakness and can help you follow up with A. It makes more sense than Grumpjaw’s kit as a whole.

1 stack damn that’s some next level kit synergy. It’s still just CC ability. Why does everybody hate on GJ? How are Celeste’s abilities complementing one another? What does Koshka’s ult got to do with her A and B? Ringo’s ult? Is it even remotely related to his other abilities? You don’t need to have the abilities always working together in some special ways. It is cooler when they do but it’s not a requirement. Yet everyone always complains about GJ’s kit only. And just by the way I don’t know if you play him but his ult duration get extended by his A so you can cover some really large distance with someone eaten. That’s much better skill synergy than Krul’s got with his sword or Koshka with her ult.

Semc can release all the broken heroes they like, it’s gonna be the same.
No lore. I sleep.

8 Likes

I most definitely complain about Ringo ult, Glaive ult, Joule ult/jump, Taka ult and Skaarf passive not fitting in with their kits/being dead abilities. Grumpjaw comes up more though, because he fluctuates in the meta from never picked to oppressively powerful.

Not every hero needs to have a kit that has synergy among all abilities and be complicated though. From those you mentioned only one I see possibly getting some rework is Glaive and his ult. Others are very iconic to the hero and you can’t just remove and replace them. What’s your problem with Skaarf though? Most mages have perks that give them CP damage on AAs and his perk is pretty hard-hitting during the laning phase. Later on too but he doesn’t need it as much.

HIs kit has a lot of combos most of them being crazy flank bursts like A, B (AA till duration is gone) and then Ult. I don’t think people like the one-dimensional aspect to his kit. There is no interesting way to use his A besides dashing, no interesting way to use his B, and an okay Ult which has opportunities. It’s just that they could have done more.

I wish his Ult was like a grappling hook with his tongue and then he proceeds to eat. This would allow more bodyblocking options and such but at the same time be deadly because he can use his A immediately.

Stop saying the truth, you might upset the knights :mask:

1 Like

Lol, not too many of those here :wink:

3 Likes

i like his crown it looks like a headband but doesnt actually keep the hair out of his face.

Didn’t even notice til you mentioned it. The crown is now the one thing I don’t like about his design.

It’s one thing to think his kit is boring, which I personally don’t agree with, and another to say his abilities are randomly placed and have no point to be in the same kit. His A is one of the most fun abilities in the game though which makes it really fun to use. It has extremely long range for a free direction dash.