New Hero Lore: The Kensei (Updated!)

This is how I interpreted the lore since you know its confusing af:
We’re re-watching Kensei’s life while Kinetic (hologram girl) is showing him it as well. Kensei is basically in some place that takes some culture from Japan. Nothing much happens until he meets Pae. Pae requests a duel so he become kensei / Third Boss (it seems). Kensei requests that they duel somewhere else but then Pae throws one of his knives at him with swift speed. Kensei talks about morals but Pae is like, “nah man If i kill you I get the reputation.” I feel like from this part we can basically conclude that Kensei killed Pae (pls we still need Pae as hero pls SMEC) but Kensei was heavily injured hence his arms and legs. Pae was using magic to make his knives super fast, but I don’t think him using magic makes it a tie because Pae is a person who has no morals anyway. And then yk Kinetic boots Kensei back up, Kensei suffers from internal damage because of his nervous system, Kensei tries to kill Kinetic but shes a hologram. And now Kensei must do what Kinetic asks him to do.

it is that family turning up in hundreds that’s the confusing part. either Pae became the Kensei and they’re turning up to see how he is… OR Kensei defeated Pae, and for some reason Pae’s family is accepting him? (hatred for Pae?)

confusing.

like kinetic says, honor is still relevant, so theyre probably accepting Kensei as their new third boss because he defeated pae

Dude you are overcomplicating stuff. Pae cheated and family witnessed it. Thus, pae is now dishonored and the family declares him as the loser. That’s why they are coming to kensei

3 Likes

Talk all you want about uncreativity, but this was a badass lore. Gave me more insight into what taizen gate actually is.

Funny how 50% of the reason i’m still in VG is because of brilliant lore and its world building.

3 Likes

why couldn’t they just summaries it like that. remembering the past via hologram totally confused AF

i think this is better, it honestly wasn’t confusing, you just overanalyzed it

Hologram was in order for kensei not to mentally break down. They made him slowly recover his memories so he could embrace his current form more peacefully

2 Likes

Ok, this may not be the most stunning hero design SEMC have had in the past few years, but Imma say two things.

Firstly, I love him because from a personal point of view, Ive always liked the idea of a Cyborg struggling to control themself.

Secondly I CANNOT GET OVER HOW WELL SUGARVENOM CAN WRITE. It just gets better and better, and this was some amazing stuff here.

8 Likes

yes! his lore is great, i only meant his visual. but honestly knowing his skills and story makes him a great character

unrelated note: did anyone decipher the churn language? yet? lol.

@IvoryHart

1 Like

as fsr as i know the farthest we got was a few words lol. i do want the churn language to be an ARG for future heroes/whatever

We do have all of what churnwalkers voice lines are i believe

This but also his weapon design is absolutely awesome. It is far from a standard sword.

A traditionally trained warrior with robotic limbs merging old and new together is an interesting concept at the very least.

1 Like

I wonder why there’s no skin reveal. Samurai / assassin / ninja . . . any of those.

since his A slows , throw in some Ice effects and make him an Ice warrior. . .

Probably because there is no skin with him look at our beloved malene

I jist saw a leak skin of him…on reddit…

1 Like

have you read alpha lore? this guy is able to control himself better than her

1 Like

Alpha is more meh imo for some odd reason

link or it din’t happen. i don’t see any?