New category #Matchmaker

Did you even read what I said? Matching literally the best players in the world against brand new players in ranked this is disgrace. Also I said the match maker doesn’t wait more than 2 min. 2 min and then matching players with 5 tiers difference sounds good to you? The max waiting time was 8 min in 3v3. Why can’t it be 8 when you even need 4 more people? And also to answer your question yes I do prefer waiting more than playing that.

1 Like

Why because 8 minutes for a moba game pissed off the consumers of their products

Edit: people can’t even wait for a hamburger these days what makes you think they would wait for something that isn’t physically needed to survive

Are you serious? And playing against people with 5 tiers (or more) difference is more fun? Barely anybody complained back then. Now everybody does because it simply is not fun. Do you honestly have fun in such games? Can you justify players literally in their first ranked games going against top tier teams? Is that really better than waiting more? Also how do you explain my experience with 2 same ranked parties not sniping while getting people 5 tiers below them? Please answer these questions. And try to believe yourself while doing it.

Have you ever thought of how much boosting goes on in 5v5 teams and soloq. Not to mention you don’t know how long any of them were in q or the fact of the match maker also takes in account location in relationship to the server to keep ping rates consistent

He’s just flat-out wrong, by the way. Not that your build was necessarily ideal, but Bonesaw is superior to Tension Bow on Idris. You have to draw that attack speed from somewhere.

I’d go with Breaking Point as a core item, and then run either Bonesaw or Poisoned Shiv (or both). That’s flexible, and you can still either go double def (though that fell out of fashion) or branch into crit or stack WP.

He lacked base damage severely and bonesaw is bad at that. BP is much better.

But great to see that we are in disagreement as usual hahahaha

First of all what does boosting have to do with anything I said? Please don’t justify the match maker like that. I can bet low tiers aren’t in queue for 8 min to match with me. I can prove that by going on smurf if it’s that needed. I guess you don’t want to answer the question I asked as you know the answers won’t be good. Prove me wrong and don’t ignore them.

1 Like

No, the match maker IS the issue. The way they calculate algorithm is WAY wrong. 1 + 1000 + 1500 vs 1 + 0 + 2500 is NOT and never will be a balanced match.

1 Like

You are basing this on what? Visual skill tier which is not the primary thing the matchmaker looks at

On a lot of data actually… I check past matches etc…
The MM is off and I blame duo and triple ques. Three Vainglorious players que and it will be hell…

That might be true but to be honest it’s not their fault. People trio because soloq is unplayable. I mean in soloq the chance of getting t4 is still very high so you might as well have a few people to balance it out. I don’t think we should blame players until SEMC fix their match maker.

Personal experience, visual skill tier backed with in game individual performance, input from various pro players, and pretty much the entire t9+ community(not like it matters if people in t5 in 3v3 can go to t9 in 5v5, and yes, your OP macro rotation skilzzsz that you claim to be more dominant in Vainglory’s 5v5 mode doesnt mean anything if you cant cs, aim skillshots or win an obviously favored fight).

I also dont see why youre even againts us if you havent played a single 5v5 ranked in the last week.

1 Like

You clearly don’t listen. VST is not what the matchmaker uses the vst is just something to make people feel happy about seeing progression

Nobody cares about VST. MMR’s job is to measure true skill the best possible way. If it matches world champions with people who don’t even know what some heroes do it’s not doing a good job no matter how you see it.

4 Likes

I dont know man, worthy foes going at least 0/7/3 half their matches says a LOT.

Yes, the matchamaker uses MMR to set matches up, and this MMR normally doesnt exceed a vst tier afaik, unless youre smurfing and having a winstreak in low tiers. The problem is the ALGORITHM that is used to set up matches, theyre matching soloq teams based on average mmr, but they do not account for outlier data in matchmaking( as long as a + b = c + d, it doesnt matter if a is 0 and b is 1000 and c and d are both 500).

Im also pretty sure high tier players would rather wait 5 mins extra for a match (which we are very much used to) than having even the MINUTE possiblility of being able to be matched with people more than 2 tiers below them.

1 Like

Exactly. See more people are willing to wait. Even pro players said they are willing to. Xenotek even said he prefers waiting some extreme times (a lot more than 8) if he would get a good game.

1 Like

You know I would wait 10 mins in q just to get my tier players instead of getting team mates who are very new to the game and thus wasting 15 mins instead. Your justification is that there aren’t many players and I agree but that doesn’t mean I should play in complete hell. If there aren’t any players of my skill tier it should not match at all. I can play something else then. In the end it’s not fun for both high tier and low tier players. New players won’t stay and play if they keep getting destroyed 0/10. Semc really needs to fix there match maker

1 Like