National Novel Writing Month

Anyone here participating in NaNoWriMo this year??

1 Like

Well I am gonna start a game project with a friend and itā€™ll be story orientedā€¦does that count?

1 Like

They have a forum ? looks like itā€™s a busy one . . . currently 126222 userā€™s online.

and a ton of sub forums. Thereā€™s subjects Iā€™ve never even heard of.

Huh. Neat.

Still got 200k to go though.

Just discovered that Save the Cat now has a book out for novelists!

(In case youā€™re not familiar with Save the Cat, itā€™s a web site (and method of writing) for writers of screenplays; Blake Snyder, who developed the idea, is the mastermind of the ā€œbeat sheetā€ for structuring a script.)

1 Like

https://nanowrimo.org/en/forums/nano-rebels

Theyā€™ve got a forum category for you! :vgcheersx3:

This looks like a fun thing to do but then I remembered that my dedication levels really fall off after the first few daysā€¦

Mine too, usually. Iā€™m going to do my best to stick it out for 30 days, though!

I suppose that I will not get better at dedication by just sitting hereā€¦

edite: can you consent to be my friend on it there seems to be pushing for that.

Yah, definitely! Will send you a DM with my info!

Btw, Iā€™ll add anyone else who wants to participate also!

I didnā€™t know this was a thing, but Iā€™ve recently (re)started writing and am trying to write something consistent, so I may as well join inā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m furiously trying to get a rough outline of my novel down before the 1st! :memo:

1 Like

Iā€™m going to the kickoff writing session tonight at the IHOP here in town! Woo!

Also ...

No, my outline isnā€™t done :man_facepalming:

So ā€¦ Iā€™m already 7000 words behind, but Iā€™m going to a write-in here in town (at the local ice cream shop!) tonight, so hopefully Iā€™ll be closer to the target by the end of today!

The working title of my novel is Angel of Winter, and it takes place a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away on a very cold world in some distant future.

Cover Art

The actual cover has my real name on it, in case anyone was wondering :rbgwen:

My hero is a girl named Aislinn. I found inspiration for her in this beautiful painting by Jane Nane:

Waitā€¦ ā€˜hazeleyesā€™ isnā€™t your real name?? My life is a lie!

5 Likes

Most relatable thing Iā€™ve heard all day.