My idea to include Talents in the 5v5 gamemode

Talents … the worst idea in VG history, now coming to ruin the second worst idea in VG history!

5 Likes

This game is a disaster. …

How? By adding more complexity?

I work in an engineering environment, when you design or engineer a new product you look to reduce the number of components, to simplify, you don’t add complexity unnecessarily.

Why? Because not only did it add to production cost it increases the maintenance cost… and the later part is what would kill the game. SEMC can’t balance now, they’ve dropped a clanger with 5v5, how would they if you made it even more complex?

Honestly if you worked for SEMC and devoted time to this they’d fire you… it’s a bad idea, and would only lead to increased maintenance cost.

2 Likes

Once you have done something, you’ll have to ride or die with it. This time is the Talent system. If they hadn’t introduced this to Vainglory, this thread wouldn’t exist

Agreeded so why make that mistake worse by applying it to 5v5?

And who said that you must ride or die with it… that’s just wrong. Mistakes must always be fixed. Never too late.

Because after hours researching the effects I found out that Talents are now applicable into 5v5 because the effects are simple enough to put in and by doing this, the game can be balanced for 3v3 since the heroes will be weaker and the Talents will be like a sort of buff for the hero in 5v5 and via this the devs are force to change the Talents.
Welp fk that. Just delete the Talents if they aren’t changed. Another comment below on how to change the Talent system as you said.

Don’t forget blackfeather i suggest cut attack by half (speed and damage) while tripling mobility

So you think loot boxes have to roll till it kills games?

The concept of Talents isn’t bad but the way it’s executed is very, very bad. So I want to come up with changes for it to meet people’ need and to use the things we currently have.

That does the exact opposite and really would kill the game. Did yoy read what you are suggesting before posting?

I ran tests in my mind about how it would work and it was fine. Tell me brother, what would you do? Then I’ll tell my idea.

Implement 2 stats for each hero one for the fold and one for the rise. They don’t have to be radically different but the biggest stat that can imbalance heros is speed in 5v5 as it is all about the currency of time. 3v3 doesn’t need as much speed due to smaller map

3 Likes

You’re not listening… your adding complexity.

If you want to balance 3v3 and 5v5 separate them and maintain two separate set of tables dictating the base stats for every hero. It’s that simple…

The problem for instance on release of 5 v5 with Krul was his crazy movement speed. He was too fast… and when transferred to a smaller map like 3v3 made him godly. No talent is going to fix that, what would the talent do? Make him slower? How’s that a talent?

1 Like

Snap my exact thought… it’s the simplest way of doing this.

1 Like

I follow my life by the K.I.S.S method

1 Like

I wish others understood what that meant :wink:

1 Like

That’s why I said above that all heroes are balanced around 3v3 for this change. I know that people want different stats for different game modes but 2 stats are just too argh…

Not reall 2 stats would be simple and the thing most affected by this would be speed. Health and defense might be slightly changed too but all could be done proportionate to keep the hero how they are meant to be while increasing viabilty in 5v5 without breaking 3v3.

Really?

What your suggesting is essentially the same thing only complicated by the fact your making the changes using talents rather than a background table with each talent and level requiring their own unique maintenance every patch.

1 Like

Just remove the 3v3 ranked mode, make it a brawl like blitz and br. Now everyone will be forced to play 5v5 and it’ll also help solve the MM issues.