My Carry Tier List(Mid Lane SOLOQ)in Patch 3.4 (EDITED for more accuracy)

It’s a tough task making a list for mid lane I’ll give that to you. Literally all of the mages are good. Imo it’s more about counter picking than actually being better. I’d still go with Varya or Malene as top though just because they’re way too good when the player can play them. By the way Celeste got kinda indirectly nerfed (at least CW build). Now her A has like 0.3 longer CD or something so her flow in battle feels weird and broken. Not saying she’s bad but it also affects her directly when she would be landing a Nova before but now it takes just a bit too much time. I’d honestly not build CW again. If I can not chain the As smoothly I’d rather just go more damage.

As the self appointed BEST BARON BOI SEA, I’m going to tell you this.
DON’T SLEEP ON CP BARON JESUS.
His kit is literally the perfect midlaner for having impact all over the map.
His A chunks HARD and zones like crazy, so even if your aim isn’t perfect your existence can screw people over.
His B is the best mobility ability of any midlaner for pure mobility. It can be used to hop between lanes and alongside your amazing waveclear, it can screw over splitpushers.
His C is up twice a teamfight and hits hard, and it can be used to support your laners before lategame.

His waveclear and turret push is on par with Skaarf, but unlike Skaarf you can run around and push any lane. You have an incredibly long range and dash. In this tanky ass meta full of barriers and heals, his pure DPS is going to be valuable. DE CW SF BM lets you chunk the tankiest of top laners without breaking a sweat. His laning phase is surprisingly strong as long as you put your points into your A, and you can zone out enemy mages if they don’t know what they’re doing.
You’ll still lose lane to Samuel though, he’s pretty BS.

It is indeed really tough ;-;. Maining a position that can change the whole outcome of the game entirely is very… difficult.

Varya and Malene are indeed too good when the player knows how to play them, but so is Celeste is the player is good enough to not get shut down in the early game so I am still SORT of unsure about that but I don’t really know…

I honestly prefer playing Malene as top lane, because she can hold the lane on her own and can harras the bot laner really well and wins most 1v1 situations.

The nerf to clockwork actually nerfs celeste’s ultimate… but buff s her stun cooldown. It means her stun is up like 4 times in the whole fight which is BAE.

and the 0.3 seconds diffrence of her A is pretty much nothing so it doesn’t really affect her that much.

Deciding who goes where isdifficult.dhweuidhwqihdiwd

And Malene. She can harrass CP Baron to no end(did last night, I know)

1 Like

He is very slow. His B while his escaped tool might be his own death if a dive hero baits it (which isn’t very hard). He runs out of energy and most importantly his damage is very unreliable and not very hard to dodge. He is annoying but not really that good overall.

1 Like

He is up high on my list because of how good he is IN SOLOQ PEOPLE

CP BARON=GOD OF SOLOQ

Yeah Celeste is pretty damn good but it’s a good matchup for Varya so I’d put her above personally. And the delay on A is actually huge for me at least. The flow of her gameplay is just wrong. She can’t chain the same way she used to. She can’t get some Novas while she could before. Every time I’d click A and I see it’s on CD lol.

If a Baron runs out of energy and it actually screws them over (e.g. You didn’t push the wave with your last bit of mana and back) you’re not playing Baron right.

This isn’t exactly a bad thing. If you force the enemy team to play Hot Potato and can position his As correctly, you can stop them from engaging or make them pop mobility abilities. CP Baron is great at getting enemies to pop a large amount of their mobility just to get to him and his team, before he jumps over a wall and spams at you from there. If you get caught out you’re screwed though.

1 Like

Maybe not?

Honestly, I could still do the same as before. I didn’t really feel anything and I still excelled in the match so I don’t really know if it is your device or something because after I got my new device I could play her smoothly.

Oh well

OH ya speaking of Celeste counters, she can still work her way around them as shown in this screenshot from my VG PRO. All of the whole enemy team are celeste counters but with the right positioning and a decent captain, this is what a monster of Celeste can become in soloq.

But he’s so easy to dive. Literally any dive hero can do it. He can’t outdamage them like Celeste and Varya and Skaarf can (not always, talking about potential) as his damages output is slow. Mortars take a long time to land so he’d be dead by then. He can’t outsustain divers like Samuel and Malene can. Just every other mage does a better job at what they’re supposed to.

Probably why he is good in soloq because since the divers DO KNOW this, they choose to IGNORE him.

If you see what I am getting at, that is when his motars become so devastating.

I don’t think you’re playing the same meta I am.
Ardan Top and Lorelai Captain with Capacitor kms.

what.

I am not kidding. People ignore CP baron most of the time in soloq.

Even with all that protection he’d still die to Koshka, Taka, Glaive, Krul, Tony, Kensei, Reza, Idris, am I forgetting anyone? No other mage has such a delay on damage output. It takes so long to actually land it is very easy to dodge for most heroes.

Dunno about you but for me usually people go for mid laner and do not ignore them.

because CP Baron is more like a meme that works in the hands of coordinated team

A Smart CP Baron is ignored by the enemy because of his motars has an insane range + radius, almost as big as Celeste’s supernova. He can keep spamming them from the back line and use his B to get away.

The enemy team can’t get close to him because THEY ARE ZONED out by the insane motar damage.

and he never runs out of enermgy with clockwork.

Which means MORE ZONING OUT and more insane poke.

Like if they dive on Cp Baron, he immediately uses his ult on top of himself and while he jumps with his B to get away, the ult explodes and he finishes them off with his motars.

TRUST me it is PAINFUL to watch.

If a mid laner is being ignored either he sucks and isn’t worth attacking (which shouldn’t happen as he’s the damn mid) or his enemies suck. His mortars are slow and easily dodged. His damage might be good on paper but if it doesn’t connect or he’s dead it doesn’t really work.

1 Like

They weren’t Celeste counters apart from Reza, and they had no captain.

I almost dodge barons they are all weak and unreliable…