Minecraft players?

Any Minecraft players around here? My kids recently got back into Minecraft, and I ended up setting up a server for them to mess around in. If anyone has any recommendations for specific mods, plugins, etc., please share them – I haven’t played Minecraft since about 2010, and I really don’t know what I’m doing at all … :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

BTW, we’re using the Java edition.

1 Like

Idk if this applies to you, but you may want to use Optifine if anyone is having any performance issues, or want to be able to run higher render distances. I can’t imagine your kids care too much about hitting super high FPS, but if they do it will help with that as well.

1 Like

Aw why no bedrock edition guys? (Bedrock edition is windows10, mobile, consoles, ect)

Recently the nether update dropped for bedrock too, totally revamped nether and new stuff.

1 Like

I decided against Bedrock because there are more plugins and mods for Java, plus Bedrock isn’t compatible with Mac. I’m not averse to switching if there’s a good reason — such as my daughter’s BFF only being able to play on XBox …

Can I import the world they’re using from the Java edition to a Bedrock server?

I used to use MC Edit when I had to convert PC maps to Xbox 360 friendly files. But that was years ago.

but im sure they updated the software, so check that out and see if it helps!

1 Like

It’s most likely incompatible, perhaps there are ways to port a world as a map, but typically porting is java to bedrock, not the other way around.

1 Like