Materials Tiers

Ah but they ARE though. Vainglory has made 400k monthly dating back in july and thats in ios. In android 200k and yeah ita low but those numbers together are like 600k and its not stoppong their. With the esport scene and the sponsors i bet they make a butt ton way more money my dude

Lmfao what eSport scene ?? They killed it with poor investing and a rushed 5v5 release

1 Like

I thought they where gonna have one…then whats with all that vpl or whatever?

My answer depends on how long you’ve played Vainglory, for a reference.

Ive played back in 2016 or 2015? Im not sure. I only played it a short while then i quit cause i literally lost EVERY GAME. I think i came back in 2017 and started to learn how to play a moba by watching countless videos.

Going to keep it concise because I’ve derailed OP. SEMC ended their franchise program and many organizations left because of it. Instead of letting their eSports scene grow naturally, they paid organizations to participate. Investors invested a hefty sum into VG anticipating 5v5 to increase their success exponentially. However, due to a variety of factors ( that these forums have highlighted ), SEMC fell flat of their expectations. They could no longer afford the franchise program, interest in the game fell off, and there was a ridiculously long offseason causing many to move to other games. This actually does tie in I guess, as SEMC now has to resort to cash grabs such as these hats. @hazeleyes or @HipsterSkaarf can actually give a more elaborate answer if you wish. Normally I would suggest idmon but he seems to be stepping back from the forum for a bit.

Even now, the prize pools are much lower. Hopefully, eSports can make a comeback but I currently don’t see it.

1 Like

Ohhhhhhhhhhh. I thought it was normal for people to move on :frowning:

no. i try to like them and thats the problem.

semc started with an amazing game and a very high idea of quality and thats why i want to see the same quality in verything they do. i dont want stupid and rushed cosmetics. i want them to be elegant and actually thought through, because then anyone with a brain might actually think about buying them and will feel happy with that purchase.

some other shit they have done:

• make limited edition skins and say the never comne back, try to bring them back and act surprised on the backlash. thats why we have the recolors and opals now
  • the talents. no one really wanted them (back then), they had to rush to lower the glory upgrade costs, because too many players didnt upgrade their talents.
    they also try to sell them in a style that makes ea look like an innocent child and do the same with hats. i dont like this and i will keep saying this. you wont keep a customer for long, if you keep screwing them over and over.
  • taking away the cards to craft skins for blueprints instead of overhauling the card system and introducing the bp chest. 50 ice more for sth worse than the rare mystery chest, only to use it for more rng with new stuff
  • messing up the 5v5 release by giving out early access in a lottery just to sell it in a bundle later.

i could add a bit more, but i will leave it at that.
semc is constantly moving one step forward and two steps backwards at the same time.
my theory: nothing done by semc in terms of sales in the recent past “really” worked aside from the bp. they make a profit regardless, because all their cash graps are made so cheap that they turn into pure profit quite fast, but they reduce the overall impression of the game. i buyed a few things back in the early days, BECAUSE the game was so generous and fun and polished.
they never managed to actually thrive in terms of a huge playerbase though and part of that reason is the very bad worth of mouth that many older and/or former players give the game, along with the small playerbase at the top.

what he meant is that a lot of the former pro players left the game. as a result, they basically had to start the current vpl from scratch and still look for teams and there are a lot of players in the “pro” scene that would not have made it there before. the old qulaity isnt there and i doubt it ever really will.

so, i will stop derailing this thread now (you can pm me, if you want to talk further) and bring at least a sentence on topic:
whats so hard about telling your players what tier the materials are in? blue, purple and gold borders wouldnt have been that hard…

btw, the actual drop rates are on their website:

and they are as bad as i thought.

I never heard about the limited skins being brought back except the recolors like taka se or fortress se if thats what you meant

Honestly if you take blitz seriously then you should probably take a break from the game

Ive gotten a bunch of legendaries and blue prints in the chests. Only thing i dont like is the randomness

The 5v5 i do agree. That was the most complete bull i have ever witnessed in my life in vg and im still kinda satly over that

And the effect-less recolors like the contender series that brings shame to the LE name

they originally wanted to bring the le skins back as they were. after a huge outrage, they came up with the recolor idea.
i dont take blitz seriously, but the talents are definitly reducing the fun i have in this game mode (due to the levels, not the idea of talents per se)

that is my issue to. the randomness is everywhere now and its all to get you to pay way more money on stuff than they are worth.

1 Like

somebody tell me please ! i got treant’s blossom. and what the heck the function of it ? please please

It’s an ingredient you need to craft one of the hats. You’ll find it as part of these:

Ive gotten 2 of each of the rare and epic materials chests from bronze/silver chests. I m f2p too but i just need 1 of each item and i can get any hat i want.

Looks like they did this for 3.8. :cheers_boba_t2: I passed this along a month ago, so maybe they used your suggestion!

Also, update to the original post - the purple background confirms that Jeweler’s Loupe and Treant’s Blossom are epic.

2 Likes