Matchmaking problem

Yates should be nerf, about Lyra… I would rather buff the other roams like Ardan (bring back his Vanguard), Adagio, Catherine…

Do you remember what we banned in 2.8 update , we keep mentioning how balanced it was but I actually don’t remember the banned heroes that update , but I would guess roams because why not hehehe .

I think Yates is broken in ARAL and Aram because of his ult and no recall button , in 5v5 he is constant banned , in 3v3 he can be countered with phinn directly and there is one lane he can’t move to other lanes like in 5v5 .

I would pick adagio before the nerf over Yates anyday , Yates is not even my style of roam hero , the same for lance , I think they are good for players not used to roam and just want to attack the enemy , but I play them if Iam in a party and someone wants me to play them because they are good for party plays .

In 2.8 we used to ban what we feel like banning, not necessary roams (my god, you are obsessed with people banning them and hating them due to their ego).

In 3v3 Yates is still OP, can be countered by Phinn? Sure, but Phinn has some weakness that may harm your team instead of saving them.

Picking Adagio over Yates is just personal preferences, but objectively Yates is way better than Adagio.

2 Likes

Iam not obsessed it’s what I believe , let’s say semc keep the same balance and decides to increase the number of banned heroes from 4 to 10 , now tell me who are they , what they going to banned ?! .

Even the idea of increasing banned heroes hurts the roams .

Not more than literally any other role.

What would the bans look like? Cain, reza, yates, Lyra, SF, Leo, Magnus, kinetic?, Malene, Celeste. Probably? 10 are a lot. Out of the 10, 2 are roams, 3 bot laners, 3 mid laners, 1 jungle/top and 1 top. I don’t see how adding more bans would hurt roams more than other roles honestly.

Depending on the heroes. You can’t know that. People doesn’t ban roams just because they don’t like roams as you are saying. The heroes who gets banned are those who are stronger than the majority.

Stop making that assumptions, specially when historically roams haven’t been banned consistently (except in the tank meta). Right now only Yates gets banned so, again, you are saying assumptions as if they were the reality when in fact it doesn’t.

1 Like

I do remember and I played the game back then a lot, it was different bans every game, mainly depending on what picks your team planned. That patch was really balanced and no hero was obviously above the rest to be banned almost every game or first pick every game. We played all kind of compositions and all worked out, was super fun to play and super diversify - not the same 5 heroes or if you pick X hero, your teammate should pick X hero, etc things.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.